• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shift indicator for the 4L80E

tomelroy

Are you talking about the P R D D 21 indictor/light? orscheln makes the shifter, but i dont think they make the indicator light. (their distributors dont sell it separately anyway). Everyone is out of stock who does sell the indicator/light and the current price is just under 200.00!

Wire Fox

My worry here is 12V vs 24V. If it's LED, you'll have to step it down at the connection point. If it's incadescent, then we can just change the bulb.... Secondary worry is water resistance. Last I checked, Impalas weren't built for water fording, so it's just another step that might have to be taken.

MaverickH1

My worry here is 12V vs 24V. If it's LED, you'll have to step it down at the connection point. If it's incadescent, then we can just change the bulb.... Secondary worry is water resistance. Last I checked, Impalas weren't built for water fording, so it's just another step that might have to be taken.
I haven't actually gotten a chance to open this up. Is there a bulb in the assembly that can easily be changed out? Is there one in the transfer case indicator as well? Are they all fiber optic?

BA9s style bulb?

bobwire

I think its just an emblem with no light on it.
I have the original lighted 3 speed indicator so once I get it, I will try to combine the emblem with it.
Or maybe put a 24v led on the shift lever pointed down? IDK...Ill figure something out and advise.

Wire Fox

I haven't actually gotten a chance to open this up. Is there a bulb in the assembly that can easily be changed out? Is there one in the transfer case indicator as well? Are they all fiber optic?

BA9s style bulb?
Negative. The parts manual kinda makes it look like that's the case, but the original HMMWV one is a strip of LEDs. Honestly, the parts manual is a bit of a cluster for the 4-speed shifter, because it's showing a configuration out of an H1 (notice that the shape is different, and there is a lighted transfer case selector). The comment I made early was supposed to be questions about the Impala unit and how it's assembled.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is what goes wrong sometime on these....resistors burn out.
DSC_000466.JPGDSC_000467.JPG

bobwire

So the indicator showed up. Its a little smaller than I expected but it will do for now.

IMG_4529.JPG

It lines up not too bad for P,R,ND. Tranny is in drive here. It starts to get out of line on 3, 2, and 1.
IMG_4530.JPG

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an inop one available...led's dont work.
But good for looks.
DSC_000470.JPG

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
bobwire, tomelroy..PM sent
[ These are for the 4 spd. shifter ]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks