• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shipping from WI

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recovered an M35A3 from Sparta last January. I couldn't find anyone cheap enough, so I drove it back to GA, about 1,000 miles. Of course, Fort Myers is a lot further.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The best bet is to find a trucking company looking for a backhaul to FL.

A "Hotshot truck" can haul a deuce and might be cheaper than a stepdeck that does not have anything else to put on the trailer.

To get a deuce trucked from WI to FL will prob cost you more than the truck did.:shock:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To get a deuce trucked from WI to FL will prob cost you more than the truck did.:shock:
That's why I drove mine the 1,000 miles at 45 MPH non-stop. Many many hours freezing cold and a sore rear but, only cost was fuel, replacement for blown tire and service charge for changing wheel. My payback per hour was decent, plus I actually had fun. The other advantage was that I knew a lot about the condition of the truck when I got back. Key to a successful long recovery is thoroughly checking out the essentials prior to starting out.

svan

My cousin and I did a bit over 1,800 miles in my M109A4 last month from WI - after one driving session and one passenger session each we fought to drive - the passenger bench 'seat' should be classified as a torture device.

I drove about 480 miles from northern WI to southern OH when I picked up my M882. That was a long haul in a truck that had only one gauge that could be trusted to tell the truth (the ammeter) but at least the seat was soft enough. :-|

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks