• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shipping from WI

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recovered an M35A3 from Sparta last January. I couldn't find anyone cheap enough, so I drove it back to GA, about 1,000 miles. Of course, Fort Myers is a lot further.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The best bet is to find a trucking company looking for a backhaul to FL.

A "Hotshot truck" can haul a deuce and might be cheaper than a stepdeck that does not have anything else to put on the trailer.

To get a deuce trucked from WI to FL will prob cost you more than the truck did.:shock:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To get a deuce trucked from WI to FL will prob cost you more than the truck did.:shock:
That's why I drove mine the 1,000 miles at 45 MPH non-stop. Many many hours freezing cold and a sore rear but, only cost was fuel, replacement for blown tire and service charge for changing wheel. My payback per hour was decent, plus I actually had fun. The other advantage was that I knew a lot about the condition of the truck when I got back. Key to a successful long recovery is thoroughly checking out the essentials prior to starting out.

svan

My cousin and I did a bit over 1,800 miles in my M109A4 last month from WI - after one driving session and one passenger session each we fought to drive - the passenger bench 'seat' should be classified as a torture device.

I drove about 480 miles from northern WI to southern OH when I picked up my M882. That was a long haul in a truck that had only one gauge that could be trusted to tell the truth (the ammeter) but at least the seat was soft enough. :-|

Attachments