• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shortening a 5 ton cargo cover to 2.5 ton 8 pics

Opie

Kaiserjeeps,

I just read how you're working to help your friend and his son in their medical trials and tribulations. As we say in the South, "Bless your heart!"

Unfortunately, having lived in Germany for eleven months in the early 1990's the Medical Establishment is afraid I might have Jacob-Kreuzfeld Syndrome ("mad cow disease") and won't take any of my marrow/blood products whatever.

(However it may explain my having gone a little whack-o and adopted a seven ton "baby"...)

Kaiserjeeps

Opie, Thank you... It has been a very rough road. We went out to the woods Sunday for his last trip for awhile. The REALLY REALLY good news is on Tuesday morning while checking Jason into the hospital at 11:30 AM a bone marrow donor was located with a 12 to 12 chromosome match!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He might make it now. We think we can beat it. A huge weight lifted bigtime. Now it's the money. Not covered its 6500 for the first month and 25,000 up front for the complex treatment. It looks like thats where my camaro is going. I know Alan and Jason would do it for me. They are outstanding people. Anyway, enough of that.

I am sorry for your disease Peter. I most definately will add you to my prayer list every day. I really hope they are wrong.
Life has a twist in it every now and then. Hard to understand sometimes.

John, I think thats a great deal on the top. I would bid on it if I did not have one already. Especially since I would not have to spend a sunday making it fit. They are getting harder to find a decent one for a reasonable price.

Some good news, I called a shop and ordered the little parts that were missing from my new sewing machine. I should be starting it up soon. I paid 165.00 for my sewing machine. The guy said my machine old and used was worth 500.00 easy. Broken and not running he said he buys them for 250.00. He about flipped when I told him how much I paid. I also found some canvas suppliers that sell light and heavy canvas. I found vinyl too. Untreated canvas white ready for dye or paint. Followed up with canvak (cabelas folks) it would then be waterproof. They also have predyed canvas. This is starting to look better all the time. Judith at new life is gonna be mad at me...:^))

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks