• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show Me Your Campers!

caliber1

Isn't it amazing how quickly we run out of room in these trailers? I am already running out of room in my m129 and its 30ft long. Have to pull a m105 behind the m129 just to haul all the extra crap.
That's why my wife will have NO input on my build. roflYou say a word to her Ray, I'll deny it.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thread brought back from the dead

Very cool ideas and campers.

Don't know why this thread ended when so many folks like to make campers out of MV trailers.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like that A LOTT !!!

Have you got any interior shots to share?
Yes, but....

It isn't even a work in progress yet. I haven't even picked it up nor seen it in person.

694364_6582_0_0009.jpg694364_6582_0_0015.jpg694364_6582_0_0008.jpg

Obviously the steel bins/racks/shelves will be coming out.

I'm thinking in terms of going all out - granite countertops, stainless steel sink, etc. Weight obviously isn't an issue...

Once I get it I'll be starting a build thread and soliciting input. ..

Wire Fox

Exactly the style I'll be going for. I want to take an M1101 trailer and not alter it, but will use it by building completely removable, deployable fixtures to drop into the trailer. My only real baseline tenants to it is that it needs to be rain resistant, anything sensitive is secured in a durable case, and whatever sleep system I setup must be deployable for one person in no more than a minute of work. The idea is that I have a shelter safe from the elements that I can go into and sleep at any point in time without excessive work. If I need a kitchen, a shower, a workshop, or whatever else, I will need to unpack a case for that sort of task. The design is going to be to see how few cases I can pack the systems into and how many things can be cross-utilized, and finally how well I can put it together to speed and ease its deployment. I hope that it gives me the flexibility to haul a literal ton of cargo, to having it be a weekend motorcycle hauler and sleeping spot, to being a week-long camper for two with full amentities.

m715mike

98G - That is an awesome trailer and looks to be in great shape!! Did this ever happen >>>

I'm thinking in terms of going all out - granite countertops, stainless steel sink, etc. Weight obviously isn't an issue...

Once I get it I'll be starting a build thread and soliciting input. ..

If you've started a build thread, please point me in that direction. I'd enjoy following along!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks