• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show Me Your Campers!

I like the slide out kitchen idea. Need to figure out how to do that on my Deuce.

Gen. 32
1 So Jacob went on his way, and the angels of God met him.
2 When Jacob saw them, he said, “This is God’s camp.” And he called the name of that place Mahanaim.

Last edited:

rbeasley66

Won a S-205 awhile back and this is what I wound up doing with it. It sleeps well and the AC fit perfect in the ventilation hole and onto the brackets that were already in the front. It's just a little short for me to stand up in, it only took two times getting out of bed, standing up and hitting my head to remember not to do that again. I recently got a M1102 trailer, so my plans are to put the S-205 in it so I can pull it behind the M1009.

Attachments

rbeasley66

Some more photos of it being used. Got a M109 project planned for the future, making the box into an Army RV. At least I won't hit my head standing up inside that one :hammer:

Attachments

Ripcord01

Rick , that setup looks awesome. The shelter is in great condition. Thought about painting the
trailer to match? Did you have to put any block between the wheel wells or did ot just slide right in?

rbeasley66

Rick , that setup looks awesome. The shelter is in great condition. Thought about painting the
trailer to match? Did you have to put any block between the wheel wells or did ot just slide right in?
Thanks! The trailer is one I had and it has lots of rust. I'm moving the shelter over to my aluminum M1102 in the next step of events. In the M105, I placed a 2x4 on edge in the front to keep the brackets off the trailer. I was able to slide, well push really hard, a 2x4 flat between the fender wells and the shelter skids, makes for a nice tight fit that way. Then straped it down and it's never went anywhere.

At its first rally, eveyone was checking it out and I had not put the rear landing leg down yet. Two of us were on the tailgate and down it went as the tongue went into the air. We stayed put, holding on tight, as others pulled the tongue back down to earth and we jumped off. The shelter never moved, even with the trailer tailgate laying on the ground.

Note to self :idea: always put the rear leg down before lowering the tailgate :doh:

yellowrubicon

My camper project

I am heading out west for a month this summer and wanted to do two things. Remove the original m101a2 top and bows to reduce the "barn side" wind resistance when towing behind my jeep, and to be comforatable and bug free when sleeping in it. I decided to build a 1/2 A-Frame design (I guess it could also be described as a lean-to). The top will be flush with the top of the trailer when towing, then will be hinged at the front of the trailer and will be lifted with hatch-back air lift shocks (the ones that hold the tailgate up on your SUV). I will make canvas sides and a back attached to the frame at the top with snap buttons. Secured at the bottom with either velcro or some bungies. So far I have completed fabrication of the frame and am now in the process of painting it. I'll post up more pictures/video as it progresses.
Here are the first three video installations. Some of the footage is like watching paint dry so be warned....
M101A2 Camper Conversion Introduction - YouTube
M101A2 Camper Conversion Part 1 - YouTube
M101A2 Camper Conversion Part 2 - YouTube
M101A2 Camper Conversion Part 3 - hinges and crossmembers - YouTube

Bighurt

Nice build yellowrubicon, I myself am trying to get my hands on a M101 make my own trailer. I'm going to follow Sierra4x4's design and add a few of my own. Roof top tent, etc.

I don't really have a need but I want to build one.

If successful I plan to build a larger version on a M105.

You should start your own thread if you didn't already.

ctmustang

I finally got my 101a2 a while back and i'm rady to begin on my lil camper. The only thing I'm lacking is a camo cover. I've tried gma covers posted in classifieds and watched ebay but nothing. Is there somewhere I can pick one up.

koolex11

Great job Nico. Simple, lots of storage and I like the canopy off the side.

So after your first trip, is there anything you would like to improve?

Also, I have been looking for a German beer called Kostritzer. Are they still brewing schwartzbier?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks