• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show us your Military Trailers

KsM715

What type of camper? There are many thread about building campers onto 105's or using a CBC for a camper, even putting a S-250 shelter in a 105 for a trailer but I have yet to see someone try to put a slide-in style truck camper in a 105.

dezert ratt

What type of camper? There are many thread about building campers onto 105's or using a CBC for a camper, even putting a S-250 shelter in a 105 for a trailer but I have yet to see someone try to put a slide-in style truck camper in a 105.
Im talkin a slide in truck bed style.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Edited

here is my trailer. I am converting in to a 4 person sleeper with a/c tv satellite mobile internet the list goes on. These r the pics from GL im still awaiting its arrival home. IF ANY ONE HAS AN 818 FOR SALE THAT WOOD LIKE TO DO SOME HORSE TRADING AND SOME CASH, i have a corvette and a 67 camaro bb drag car almost done. Have vw sand rail with porsche motor from 67. Even have a 61 cushman truckster and a 8X8 ARGO AMPHIBIOUS ALL TERRAIN VEHICHLE. Let me know
Any one know what the model or "M" number of this trailer is? I know doc has one.

It's a m129a1- m129a2c model trailer, we are thinking of doing the same turning it in to a camper, but super singled on the rear. Sence it really won't be seeing any real heavy loads in a camper configuration, I think super singles would look cool on the trailer behind my m818 on 16r20. maybe put 14r20 on the trailer or put low tread 16r20 tires. Oh and yes it's a ten lug.

Attachments

Last edited:

Docuscg

Hi Guys, Looking so far there has not been a M796A1 Bolster trailer shown here. So I guess I will show you mine. I pick it up this year out of Fort Mead, MD. I Pulled it back with my Ford F250 @ 50-60 Mph. and rode find. Heavy built trailer. Designed to carry poles, Pipe, timber and things that are long. Trailer will extend out to 30 feet. The tongue slides out of the main body of the frame. It has uprights that slide in or outboard on two main supports. Uprights can be stored in the front section of trailer frame. Underneath and built into the frame at the rear there is a rack that holds two ramps ( about 6 feet long ) and two lock in bars to hold the ramps in the proper position side by side. Either off the back of the trailer or the side. I guess to help unload. This trailer was rebuilt by our Gov. in 2009.
The "A1" designation shows that it has the heavy tongue landing gear. And maybe some upgrades. Later I hope to paint a camo finish to match my A3 . I also would like to add heavy fenders to help hold down the dirt. Check it out !!

Attachments

indy4x4fab

Banned
Hi Guys, Looking so far there has not been a M796A1 Bolster trailer shown here. So I guess I will show you mine. I pick it up this year out of Fort Mead, MD. I Pulled it back with my Ford F250 @ 50-60 Mph. and rode find. Heavy built trailer. Designed to carry poles, Pipe, timber and things that are long. Trailer will extend out to 30 feet. The tongue slides out of the main body of the frame. It has uprights that slide in or outboard on two main supports. Uprights can be stored in the front section of trailer frame. Underneath and built into the frame at the rear there is a rack that holds two ramps ( about 6 feet long ) and two lock in bars to hold the ramps in the proper position side by side. Either off the back of the trailer or the side. I guess to help unload. This trailer was rebuilt by our Gov. in 2009.
The "A1" designation shows that it has the heavy tongue landing gear. And maybe some upgrades. Later I hope to paint a camo finish to match my A3 . I also would like to add heavy fenders to help hold down the dirt. Check it out !!
There's ramps where so a driver could load the trailer on to the back of a m815 truck, which is what the trailers mate is. The m815 was built so that the trailer could be stored on the back of the truck during storage or (dead head, no load) transport. The ramps assisted in loading the M796 on to the back of the m815, along with a mid-ship 20,000lb winch which would pull the M796 up the rams to the ramps so it could be secured to the rear of the truck by chains.

Pictures of the truck and trailer are located on pages 182 threw 192 acording to the pdf file located here http://test.steelsoldiers.com/upload/809/TM9-2320-260-10.pdf, as well as how truck and trailer worked to gather. Enjoy learning about our new trailer. Several have had deuce beds mounted to them and a few have had m109 boxes mounted to them (camper builds).

Docuscg

Thanks, Indy, I'm sure I will be learning more of all this stuff as time goes by. As long as our US Gov. won't want it back after I finish fixing both truck and trailer.

Lex_Ordo

DOCUSCG,
That is a great looking trailer you have there, and appears to have been completely refurbished before auction. Definatley a keeper. Even if you never do anything with it, it was saved, and remains clean. A collectible in deed.

Nico

i drove about 15 hours from hamburg to the netherlands yesterday,
to get that nice m101a2 in the pics.
great looking and everything works. what else can i wish...the correct color match :-/
towing the empty trailer feels like there was no trailer on the hook. you also can see everything in the mirror. fit`s like a glove to my m1009. exellent.

if you are wondering about my pintle hook construction, this was nessesary because the original cucv nato hook is not alowed to use over here. you can only use parts that are tested by the "german vehicle mobilety test dept."aua
so i have to get some parts from the landrover defender to make it work.
the good thing is there is more stability that will prevent the pintle hook rip out.

there was a very nice and rare m101a2 with a hardtop solution where i bought the trailer...nice camper!

Attachments

Nico

what kind of tank is that in the background? I want that! Good looking trailers. Did you make the box for the Green one?
hi ripcord
i took the pix at Rob Army Trucks
i dont know nothing about the british tank.
the very cool hardtop fits also to a k30 m1008. rob said it is orig. us army.
would be nice to sit on the top and watch the mv`s next meeting.:popcorn:
yep, nice trailer no rust. like new.

bmink650

M105 dump

So it's been a couple months but I wanted to show the progress on the dump conversion. I'd say its almost complete. i've tested it with three loads so far and it's holding up well. I want to make sure it's tough enough before I give it the final grind and paint.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks