• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show your 5 tons in the snow.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since this is a thread about operating your 5 Tons in the snow.... How does everybody's heat work in their 939 series? Happy with the performance?

Carlo

Since this is a thread about operating your 5 Tons in the snow.... How does everybody's heat work in their 939 series? Happy with the performance?
I have a few of them both A1's and A2's. Once the motor warms up hot air blows but when there is little to none in insulation the cold from the outside wins even though right at the ducts it's hot.

R Racing

I have only used mine down into the 30s . But at that temp I have to run mine on low because I get to warm. I'm sure if it were colder like it is now it may not be the same way? Also I have a new soft top and the truck has all new rubber and seals which help a lot to !

Another Ahab

Lots of snow lately, got my chains on, and plow mounted
Roughneck, I KNOW you all get snow in Wyoming (or used to, anyway):

- I recall seeing highway snow barricades one Winter outside of Lander that were close to 20'-30' tall .

- Guessing they were to keep drifts off the roadway.

- Or at least that's what my memory (questionable) is telling me about the height.

That kind of thing still put up by DOT in Wyoming?

Roughneck, I KNOW you all get snow in Wyoming (or used to, anyway):

- I recall seeing highway snow barricades one Winter outside of Lander that were close to 20'-30' tall .

- Guessing they were to keep drifts off the roadway.

- Or at least that's what my memory (questionable) is telling me about the height.

That kind of thing still put up by DOT in Wyoming?
yes, a lot of snow and wind here. I average 250-350 inches of snow a year at my house. Togwotee Pass to the north of me has 12ft snow banks along the roadway right now. Wydot has been busting out the massive snowblower lately.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks