• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show your 5 tons in the snow.

TheQuaker

Jbulach I agree 100%.

Michigan roads this time of year would not be good for my big southern girl from Alabama. Even when the roads are not covered in salty slush and are dry they are still covered with dried salt that forms rooster tails in your wake. Not good for any vehicle.

She's managed to survive 37 years so far with only some very minor surface rust and I plan to hold onto her for many years to come. So better to park her this time of year (not much happening on the farm during the winter for her to do anyways) and let her rest before spring arrives when there is plenty to keep her busy on and off-road.

Besides, she has beautiful views like this almost everyday from her spot while she waits...I am the one who is sad I can't sit and enjoy these views each day, all day... :(

IMG_4934.JPGIMG_4977.JPGIMG_4978.JPG

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
they never sleep long

Attachments

Last edited:

BenRoberts

Certified insane
This is on tread I'm glad I really haven't been able to participate in this year. Hardly no snow which I'm fine with. Watch I'll get covered up now that I said this

71DeuceAK

Jbulach I agree 100%.

Michigan roads this time of year would not be good for my big southern girl from Alabama. Even when the roads are not covered in salty slush and are dry they are still covered with dried salt that forms rooster tails in your wake. Not good for any vehicle.

She's managed to survive 37 years so far with only some very minor surface rust and I plan to hold onto her for many years to come. So better to park her this time of year (not much happening on the farm during the winter for her to do anyways) and let her rest before spring arrives when there is plenty to keep her busy on and off-road.

Besides, she has beautiful views like this almost everyday from her spot while she waits...I am the one who is sad I can't sit and enjoy these views each day, all day... :(

View attachment 790098View attachment 790099View attachment 790100
I've often thought the same- the things these trucks watch day after day, sometimes year after year.

LOBO

Looks like nobody has posted to this thread for a while. I guess it isn't snowing anywhere? We finally got some snow and while most of my playing has been in the humvee, the 5 ton needed some play time also. It took me a while to make the pile.

LOL! I have always wanted to do something like that! Not enough snow here.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks