• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Side of the road (again)

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DW - Thanks, but right now those locations don't mean much. I've been full-timing again and that's not an option for locations on this site. :-/
Current location is Clint's Well in N.Ariz.

I will definitely be down around those areas come winter. :-]

www.DirtTrackTravelers.com

DavidWymore

Don't blame you, looks like a heck of a lot better place to be. I get out of here every chance I get in summer.

DW - Thanks, but right now those locations don't mean much. I've been full-timing again and that's not an option for locations on this site. :-/
Current location is Clint's Well in N.Ariz.

I will definitely be down around those areas come winter. :-]

www.DirtTrackTravelers.com

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, need to close up this thread.

Got another turbo shipped to me thanks to Rayzer (you can count on a woodworker to make a nice shipping box) and installed it while parked-up in the NF.
After that everything sounded normal again. The turbo did seem to kick in a bit later than I was used to (they are both "C"s) and its burning a bit richer than it was (but that could also be the oil left over in the intake?). Found an old air filter that I had taken off the She Beast at one of my caches, it was in much better shape and switched that out. Did find out that not all air filters in these trucks have the same size OD. Any Idea why?
So far so good.

Did shed the tread off another tire about 150 miles later, one I just bought. That makes three in about three months.
Is any one else have trouble w/ the G-177's loosing their tread? I haven't been able to figure out any reason why it's happening and its all on the same side of the truck. The last one lost it as a complete ring.

In a few days I'll be doing another 600+ miles, so hopefully the rest of my tires hold their tread.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks