• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sidewall Splits 15.5 80 R20

BugEyeBear

Wow . . . I am now on split #3, and have exhausted all of my spares . . . I guess I start the hunt again. :-x
Wow!

I'd have to sat that either you got a bad batch, or you live under a leak in the Ozone layer, or your nosy neighbor who hates MVs is cutting your tires!!

I think I'd get the next set from a different vendor/source. I'd guess that these weren't stored properly prior to you getting them!

I have a '52 GMC Deuce with VERY OLD tires on it. The fronts have huge cracks, but they STILL somehow manage to hold air!! That said, I wouldn't trust them further than I can push the truck (i.e. not far), and a new set of NDTs is on "the list". Holding air is a minimal requirement, but for tires to be safe the rubber needs to be pliable & the interior structure needs to be strong. I've seen tires that looked like new fail, so I'd never trust tires that are showing signs of age (or that are simply OLD!) on the street/highway. BUT off-road at low speeds I'm more likely to use an older tire IF it looks structurally sound.

I hope you have better luck with your next set!

(& keep an eye on that nosey neighbor!!)

-Bear-

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks