• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Silly question

tbearatkin

How far North of Memphis I live just north of Memphis, 40 miles would put it about Covington TN. Cutting off at Brownsville will cut some time off your drive home. Depending on your time you come in I can pick you up and drive you to pick it up. r/Bones

usmcgunner

I appreciate it man. But tentatively got a truck and trailer lined up. It's actually up between a 1008 in Memphis (Brighton really) and a 1028 in Austin; yes Texas. 23 HOURS ONE WAY! lol

usmcpatriot

Bro, Marines do not ask silly questions, ask Chester! Your most important problem will be FUEL, AIR, ELECTRICS!!!!! Come ready for all that! When ready call me in Va, Ashland .......Semper Fi

MarcusOReallyus

If you are planning to haul any weight, and they are both in the same shape mechanically, I'd say go for the long haul and get the 1028.

usmcgunner

tbearatkin, I ended up going with that one in Brighton and it's already. I really appreciate the offer. I'm coming to find the guys on here are pretty cool with helping each other out. The choice came down to price and body. The prices between the two were the same, although the trip to Austin, Texas would have almost tripled fuel cost. So my thought process was, I can't do body work and the body on the TN one is in awesome shape with a fresh paint job. The money I saved by sticking with that one and I can essentially make it a 28 with a front locker and beefier springs when I do the mild lift.

usmcpatriot As you just read, it's HERE!! lol Mind if I add you to the local resource list? Ashland isn't TOO TOO far away.

wallew Thanks to you too. Maybe I'll hit you up when I move to Texas after you all secede from the Union! lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks