• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Simp's M915A1 Build Thread

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Had the aneroid on the PT pump sticking a good bit limiting boost. Rebuilt the pump. Deleted the aneroid. New 1-1/4 drive gear. 00 button. 250 rail pressure.

Installed a new mechanical oil pressure/temperature gauge combo i picked up. Originally DDC gauges but I like the look.

Replaced the power steering pressure and cooler lines while I was in there.

Ac condenser starter leaking so I replaced that cause its miserable to not have it.

Serviced both rear axles with new 85/140 fluid.

Planning on putting her on the dyno on Thursday to see what kind of numbers she puts out.

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Replaced some tie rod ends with some Moog units. Part #s ES423L and ES423R

Went to aluminum steer wheels and some Goodyear G296 445 65 22.5s. Should last a lot longer than the 395s. 16oz of beads per tire for balancing as well.

Did an alignment on the front end as well. Lost about 300lbs of front axle weight

Picture of a 395 XML vs the 445.

Attachments

Another Ahab

Replaced some tie rod ends with some Moog units. Part #s ES423L and ES423R

Went to aluminum steer wheels and some Goodyear G296 445 65 22.5s. Should last a lot longer than the 395s. 16oz of beads per tire for balancing as well.
Good looking wheels, Where did you get those?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Love the junkyards.
One mans trash is definitely another mans treasure. Heck, all of us have something that "Uncle" thought was trash - and we treasure it for sure!

I can remember back when the owner of a junk yard would let you go out and waunder around - and find what you wanted - go make a deal and pull it off yourself. Now days they have these "Pull A Part" places where you do all the work and the vehicles are toy cars that are picked over :-( I miss the bone yards of days gone by...

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Fixed the air conditioner today. Blower unit was out of alignment so I didn't have alot of air pressure. Seems to be better now. Foam cleaned the evaporator.

Installed rubber stall mat on the floor and firewall to break some of the heat.

Installed an auto drain on the wet tank.
Wes, I know that you run the roads in the winter too... Will that auto drain on the wet tank need a heater as the weather gets colder? Or is that just not something just not worthy of consideration most of the time - considering the part of the country we live in?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Wes, I know that you run the roads in the winter too... Will that auto drain on the wet tank need a heater as the weather gets colder? Or is that just not something just not worthy of consideration most of the time - considering the part of the country we live in?
I always run the heated Dv2 valves

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thanks Wes! One on the way here for arrival next week. Epay had the best price I found.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Did some painting in the nice weather. Usmc green 34052. Used some new paint from sherwin williams. Suppose to work well on non prepped surfaces. Used some activator in the paint so This knocks-down the dry time to 15 mins. ReCoat time to 20min and cure time to about an hour.

Used matte deep base type. Only 1 store in Memphis actually had the paint.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks