• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Site downtime - this sunday!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Attention, the website will be down Sunday (11/11/12) in order to upgrade to a newer version of vBulletin and a few more upgrades we've had in the works.

Thanks,
Drew

Edit:

Fair warning. They'll be a lot of changes to the site. Some things will be sunset as well due to outdated hacks and security concerns. I know they'll likely be some complaints about this. Sorry but I'll never make everyone happy.

Also, expect a few bumps along the road. We've got a test site that we've ran through the upgrade on a few times. Things will be addressed as we go along.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WWWhhhaatttt will I doooooooooooo????????????????????

Thanks for the warning Andrew. At least I will know what happened when I try to logon- and I will, despite the advanced warning

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
About time........:p

I'll be at a Veterans Day Parade so I will be offline anyway. I had better make sure I get my "fix" tomorrow.

3dAngus

Oh crud!

I'm sick.

Now I'm going to get even sicker. Feeling early withdrawal signs already.

It will all be worth it though when the site comes back up and all the knuckleheads who didnt read this thread come back on and complain about getting hacked into.

Oh, and I know of one who still thinks its Martians. :3dAngus:
Maybe its politically correct to call them aliens.

I always enjoy those.:D

3dAngus

Oh crud!
Disregard or delete this double entry. I hope the new update makes me smarter so I don't do this anymore, cause I sure need an update.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since we all loose the site Sunday, should I add a day for the 3 or 4 members that have temporary bans? :razz:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anybody want to bet that there will be at least 3 threads after the site comes back up saying SS has been hacked?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Anybody want to bet that there will be at least 3 threads after the site comes back up saying SS has been hacked?
Oh yeah at least.

And I shutter to think how many emails, text messages, facebook messages, and PM's on other forums I will get asking why the site is down!

When the new threads start rolling in, I think I'll use that as the excuse.

"I'm sorry the site got hacked, dang hacker upgraded the forum and redesigned it"

fat lady sings

rickf

I just get power back and now the site is going down. Oh well, I am used to sitting in the dark staring at the fire by now.

Rick

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I just get power back and now the site is going down. Oh well, I am used to sitting in the dark staring at the fire by now.

Rick
I'm sorry about your current situation. But we've gotta get this upgrade done. Like I said in the PM earlier, I'll never be able to make everyone happy.

eagle4g63

Figures...........just when I "start" to figure out how to use something..........they go and change it!!!aua

Maybe the new stuff will be easier for me to understand:razz:

Keep up the good work Patracy [thumbzup] And thanks for the heads up.

Of course I will sleep between now and then and probably forget about the upgrade and still try to log on!!

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally, a short period of time when no one can hit the "REPORT POST" button. Refreshing!

3dAngus

You mean someone actually reads those things??? aua

Dang! You probably got a file on me as thick as the FBI's. :eek:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks