• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

slober tube plumbed back into intake?

burger3026

blow by fumes are about to kill me. made the tube longer down to about the front axel height, still bad. any harm in plumbing it like a car so it can burn all the smoke and fumes

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If there is that much coming from your slobber tube, it might be time for new pistons/sleeves. Are you sure its not an exhaust leak?

wsucougarx

Another idea would be to extend the hose back farther under the cab. This will help prevent the gases to enter the cab while driving down the road. Blow by will be worse if you allow your Multifuel to idle below 1200 RPM's for an extended amount of time.

Alredneck

Banned
I saw this post and could only think dirty thoughts! I wasnt sure it was even a real post!

"slober tube plumbed back into your intake! ";)

I guess thats what you get for watching the hotties on Dancing with the stars while reading SS!:cookoo:

mechanix

Did you mean intake manifold? Cant do that because of the boost. If you hook it into the air cleaner intake you are going to need a bunch of air filters.

davey8943

Did you mean intake manifold? Cant do that because of the boost. If you hook it into the air cleaner intake you are going to need a bunch of air filters.
+1

If you hook it up after the turbo, you will pressurize the crank case (blowing every oil seal on the engine).

If you hook it up before the turbo, you are sending all of the venting "garbage" from the crankcase through the compressor on the turbo.

Both are bad ideas.

Gimpy hit it the nail on the head, if you have that much slobber / blowby, you have MUCH bigger problems than where it is exiting the engine...

Dave

tm america

i tried it once.. It turned my air filter into an oil filter...If you do this you can also end up with a run away problem ...do not do it....chris is right if you are getting enough blow by for it to be an issue it is time for a new engine ...you can run the blow by tube into the exhuast at a 45% angle this will pull the back pressue out of the engine without making you sick but you will still be loosing power and at some point you will notice hard starting due to low compression..i just went through it with my truck

bassetdeuce

If there is that much coming from your slobber tube, it might be time for new pistons/sleeves. Are you sure its not an exhaust leak?
I second the exhaust leak check. Look at the elbow right behind the turbo. Because of corrosion, they can have pin holes that will fumigate the cab while your engine is running.

Kohburn

to plumb it back into the intake pre-turbo you would have to add a catch-can to seperate the oil from the gasses. then you would have to check it regularly to see when it needed to be drained.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
oiley air is garbage ok and I doubt it could ever run away. Yes I would not run it through the air filter but right after.

Kohburn

can't speak to the deuce specificly on this one - but on other vehicles the only time i've had that much blow by is from failed rings or a burnt piston. might be time for a compression test of the cylinders to see if you have a bad one.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That much blow by is not normal, if it is indeed blow by. As others have stated, check for exhaust leak first. Is it really coming from the tube? If so, I think you should check the engine compression for bad rings or worse. You cannot run it into the intake manifold if you have a turbo. Even if you don't have a turbo I'm not sure it's a good idea. Find the actual problem first.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That much blow by is not normal, if it is indeed blow by. As others have stated, check for exhaust leak first. Is it really coming from the tube? If so, I think you should check the engine compression for bad rings or worse. You cannot run it into the intake manifold if you have a turbo. Even if you don't have a turbo I'm not sure it's a good idea. Find the actual problem first.
Yes a catch can would be the cheap way to go . Rebuilding cost and time sell that one get another. Build something on top of valve cover that would dirvert oil back in to cover better than a strate tube might not see the oil but something is wrong in motor. Rings come to mind. If you turbo leaks a little we eather run it or rebuild it but I believe it wont kill it. Even oil mist I believe wont kill turbo but thats me. How much oil are we realy talking about. Quart a min. or 1/8 ounce a day. You can run with negtive crankcase pressure also can be good for it.

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The power of search!

I have blow by on almost all my trucks. But one in particular is my "daily" truck for my business and I need to go about 150 miles in it this week or next. It has developed what I think is excessive blow-by, but I don't have any coolant in the oil. What harm am I looking at with driving it that far? It's a strong truck, starts easy, and never have power problems (aside from the usual). What would I ruin by driving it that far?

jwaller

the later M809's have their draft tube routed back into the intake. This motor is normally non-turbo so it's not a problem for them.

jwaller

I have blow by on almost all my trucks. What would I ruin by driving it that far?
your not going to hurt anything, if it has a lot of blow by, just keep it full of oil and you will get a nice undercoating of oil for the rest of the truck. It's a nice cheap rustproofing.

Also make sure your road draft tube is extended down below the front axle. this will keep as much off the truck as possible.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks