• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Small update on my truck.

tsmall07

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Small update on my truck.

Well it puffs after only about 10, so I figure the fuel is alright then. I guess GPs are on order next.

dieselsmokem35a2

I have a manual GP switch and it works great for me. I also had similar starting problems and replaced the IP and the thing runs perfect now. I also put in a 1/4" clear fuel line on the return line (top of IP) and i can always see when I have air in the system now. Really helped to find find trouble spots. Just my 2 cents.

notsosanestan

IP= injection pump. I just replaced my starter on my truck with a newer style one and wow i cant even let the key off fast enough now! it starts right up havent even changed the glow plugs yet still have the new ones in a bag. All i gotta do is get the different starter bracket PN is 23502557

cosmobius

IP= injection pump. I just replaced my starter on my truck with a newer style one and wow i cant even let the key off fast enough now! it starts right up havent even changed the glow plugs yet still have the new ones in a bag. All i gotta do is get the different starter bracket PN is 23502557
Ahh.. I should have know that. Were you having trouble with starts and slow cranking problems?

notsosanestan

yeah it wouldnt start when it was hot and sometimes when cold would crank a while before starting. i never owned a 6.2 before so i didnt know how fast it should crank. The power wire from the solenoid was completely melted off the bolt and the outer case was loose. Pretty sure that was from trying to start it so much when it died in town. Thing was def tired and couldnt crank her up fast enough