• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So. Cal. Bad Karma Campout/Training Feb 22-24

Bad Karma

Just wondering as a newbie to the truck rallies. I was at two Camp Dirt Bag rallies a few years back and there were 30+ rigs, even one had an airplane fly over. After that one it died. I never even had the opportunity to buy a tee shirt. What happen to the attendance? Who's in charge of So Cal Rallies? I'd like to see more trucks and tools.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just wondering as a newbie to the truck rallies. I was at two Camp Dirt Bag rallies a few years back and there were 30+ rigs, even one had an airplane fly over. After that one it died. I never even had the opportunity to buy a tee shirt. What happen to the attendance? Who's in charge of So Cal Rallies? I'd like to see more trucks and tools.
We put you in charge of the So.Cal rallies at that last Camp Dirtbag, so basically it's your fault! j/k Hopefully more will start coming out to the spring and fall rallies and it will grow back to the size of those or bigger. We have plenty of room out there.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
CUCV died yesterday leaving work last night (99% sure it is the starter). After a long week already at work (we delivered a major presentation yesterday) I didn't have the energy in my advanced age to screw with it. I have to pull my spare out of storage and swap them out and then send the burned one to rebuild.

Bottom line is, I'm a no-go.

Brought up a thought that 2 weekends ago I was out in the middle of the desert with only my dog and a long way from civilization. If this thing would have quit on me there........ I think I may get a little better prepared from no on even if I am staying in the "vicinity" of home.

offroadrunner

My understanding has always been the main diff between motor-oil, ATF (Automatic Transmission Fluid), and power-steering fluid in a hydraulic-use situation is "additives". They are all refined from the same petroleum bases; just have different additives for different purposes - like power-steering is supposed to have more anti-foaming properties (when hot), ATF has anti-slip (for the clutches/bands), etc. As long as you've got the right viscosity (looks like 10 in this case?) - any should be usable - just maybe not in as extreme conditions. Just my two-cents.

100dollarman

My understanding has always been the main diff between motor-oil, ATF (Automatic Transmission Fluid), and power-steering fluid in a hydraulic-use situation is "additives". They are all refined from the same petroleum bases; just have different additives for different purposes - like power-steering is supposed to have more anti-foaming properties (when hot), ATF has anti-slip (for the clutches/bands), etc. As long as you've got the right viscosity (looks like 10 in this case?) - any should be usable - just maybe not in as extreme conditions. Just my two-cents.

THX guys- I would think ps fluid or ATF, but the problem I have is--- that the fluid in there now looks/smells/feels/ like motor oil---? Its at the low side of the stick, so I am going to leave it for now.

Ready to go in the am!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks