• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So I called Faria Beede today...

Guyfang

Staff member

Part numbers for the oil pressure sending unit.

Part number: 02504
NSN: 6620-01-128-3053
SMR Code: 16476

Part number: 02504-00
SMR Code: 16476

Part number: 127351
SMR Code: 06555

Part number: 7B1118-001
SMR Code: 41843

06555BEEDE ELECTRICAL INSTRUMENT CO.INC. 88 VILLAGE ST PENACOOKNH03303-1959UNITED STATES
16476MAXIMA TECHNOLOGIES & SYSTEMS LLCDBA MAXIMA TECHNOLOGIES 1811 ROHRERSTOWN RD1811 ROHRERSTOWN RD LANCASTERPA17601-2321UNITED STATES
41843HOBART BROTHERS COMPANYDBA ITW HOBART BROTHERSDIV HOBART BROTHERS COMPANY TROYTUBULAR 101 TRADE SQUARE E TROYOH45373-2476UNITED STATES

ZED, how did you get DATCON? Or is Maxima now named DATCON?

Zed254

ZED, how did you get DATCON? Or is Maxima now named DATCON?
I wanted to know what the ohm specs were for the sender so I searched for the sender. Part 7 in Figure 20 Engine Accessories (P73/153 in my copy of TM-9-6115-642-24P).
7 PAOZZ PAOZZ PAOZZ 16476 02504 .TRANSMITTER,PRESSUR 1 1. I searched on the part number - 02504 and found a Datcon pressure transmitter on the big auction site (search on DATCON OIL PRESSURE TRANSMITTER PART NUMBER 02504) with NSN 6620-01-128-3053. I then just looked up "Datcon part 02502" for specs to find this: http://www.partdeal.com/datcon-oil-p...-02504-00.html . Next I searched for a matching oil pressure gauge.

However, I can't find anything in the NSN type supplier sites that mention Datcon as a supplier. My 'Maxima Technologies' searches bring up a Datcon file that shows Maxima Technologies on the left side: davidsonsalesshop.com/catalog/files/Products/Datcon/Heavy%20Duty%20Senders%20and%20Sensors.pdf so you may be right: Maxima is now somehow tied to Datcon.

MAN it's hard to stumble back through my search steps several days later..................

Guyfang

Staff member
I looked up the DATCON sender in the big auction site, and found this.

This DATCON OIL PRESSURE TRANSMITTER PART NUMBER 02504 is an oil pressure transmitter.
SDWs.c.4shelf115

Length:3.500 inches
Current Type:Dc
Mounting Device Quantity:1
Diameter:2.000 inches
Actuation Method:Diaphragm
Contact Quantity:1
Contact Type:Threaded post
Voltage Rating:12.0 volts
Electrical Connection Quantity:1
Electrical Connection Controlling Agency:Datcon
Electrical Connection Identifying Number:10-32unf
Mechanical Connection Quantity:1
Mechanical Connection Size:1/8 in npt
Mechanical Connection Type:External pipe
Mounting Method:External pipe thread 1/8 npt
Measurement Range:+0.0/+80.0 pounds pressure per square inch
Voltage range 12 volts. That might be a problem.

I found this also in the big auction site. They claim its interchangeable with the DATCO 02504-00. Sierra 18-5899 Oil Pressure Sender.

I believe I might send a mail and ask what the voltage rating is, if I was wanting one. Cant hurt.

NOTE: The part number, when it has the last two digests 00 is what is in the TM.

Also, hears an idea. Might work for all the meters and sending units. Why cant you for instance, use the meter and sending unit from, say a MEP-004A? Or something similar? They would be for sure rated at 24 volts. As long as the meter and sending unit matched, should work. Might be worth someones time to research it. In any case, the meters would fit the hole.

Guyfang

Staff member
If it had 12/24 printed on it. I think you are good to go. If it works, let folks know!!!!!!!!!

A nasty man from my WOC Class Torture Tag Team, once every few seconds used to scream in my face, "Candidate Wrong, Assuming will get you in deep shi*, every time!" Gotta admit, still would not drink beer with him, but he sure was right!

Last edited:

Zed254

Found some more info here: http://www.c-a-i.net/DAToilgauge_senders.php

Chart shows the Sender in question with matching gauges. Ours (electric green) show as 24VDC. The yellow line is for 12 volt gauges. Same Datcon 02504-00 sender is used for both.

OIL PRESSURE - ELECTRICAL
DESCRIPTION
SENDER MATCH
PART NO. - BLACK
PART NO. - POLISHED

0-80 psi, Datcon
02504-00
0-80 psi, 24VDC, Datcon
02504-00

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

After looking over what items DATCON has... it looks they can cover all the gauges.
I do know on some reset units and new control box panels, they used a DATCON hour meter.
Electrical 24v versions of Fuel,Oil Pressure, and Water Temperature.

Ray70

L.I.T.D, may I ask what's wrong with your oil pressure gauges? by chance are they pegged all the way left? if so, take the gauge out of the panel, loosen the nuts on the back and tap the gauge body against the palm of your hand to try to knock the needle loose. Because these are voltage differential gauges, loosing connection on one of the wires will peg the gauge hard left or right and the needle will hit the side of the body and often get stuck. Banging it around will usually free it up.

csheath

L.I.T.D, may I ask what's wrong with your oil pressure gauges? by chance are they pegged all the way left? if so, take the gauge out of the panel, loosen the nuts on the back and tap the gauge body against the palm of your hand to try to knock the needle loose. Because these are voltage differential gauges, loosing connection on one of the wires will peg the gauge hard left or right and the needle will hit the side of the body and often get stuck. Banging it around will usually free it up.
I encountered something similar on my fuel and temp gauges. I think it is also possible to ground them internally if you over tighten the base nuts and cause the post to turn. I was able to get mine back in operation by double nutting the stud and tweaking it's position then hold it while tightening the base nut.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have two or three sets here with oil pressure gauges pegged left. I have not evaluated WHY yet though (got two 10ks on their way out the door before I can get to the units with the oil gauge issues). I will do this though upon inspection. Thanks for the tip.

Ray70

Check the ring terminal on the bottom of oil pressure sensor, see if the wire is broken. If that looks ok, check the wires on the back of the gauge, see if one is broken.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks