• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So I was sitting at a red light...

Bigred77

I was sitting at a red light in front of the local Taco Bell when a woman in a Olds Alero turned right into the fuel tank of my Deuce. I mean right into the side of a BIG A$$ RED TRUCK. She said she didnt see me. I was STOPPED at the red light, second in line. I guess she was to busy stuffing her face with a burrito. no one was hurt, her car had some frontend damage, and my deuce got a dent in the tank but I just let it go.

jaymcb

I was sitting at a red light in front of the local Taco Bell when a woman in a Olds Alero turned right into the fuel tank of my Deuce. I mean right into the side of a BIG A$$ RED TRUCK. She said she didnt see me. I was STOPPED at the red light, second in line. I guess she was to busy stuffing her face with a burrito. no one was hurt, her car had some frontend damage, and my deuce got a dent in the tank but I just let it go.
I wouldn't have. It wasn't your fault, and it would have been worth it to me to see an insurance adjuster figure out how to get you a new tank, and have all the paint match. :)

If a seam in the tank starts leaking in 6 months from the dinger, you will have no recourse but your own wallet.....

Besides, the Alero driver deserves a stupidity tax for concentrating on their burito....car in drive, mind in neutral.

91W350

I have some nice five ton fuel tanks, no deuce tanks though. I would offer you a free one. Want to step up to a larger tank? Might give them a bigger target....

Bigred77

I wouldn't have. It wasn't your fault, and it would have been worth it to me to see an insurance adjuster figure out how to get you a new tank, and have all the paint match. :)

If a seam in the tank starts leaking in 6 months from the dinger, you will have no recourse but your own wallet.....

Besides, the Alero driver deserves a stupidity tax for concentrating on their burito....car in drive, mind in neutral.
I would have but there was no real damage and i was on my lunch break. I didnt feel like messing with it at the time. I understand what you mean about the seam, but it is more towards the middle of the tank. them trying to find a new one would have been funny though.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think I would not be so nice about it. She musta been cute, young, 32DD and not married to blow it off like you did.

I know the older I get the little things do not bother me as much "BUT" there is no excuse for the scenerio I read.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I would think I would not be so nice about it. She musta been cute, young, 32DD and not married to blow it off like you did.

I know the older I get the little things do not bother me as much "BUT" there is no excuse for the scenerio I read.
Add to that, I would have had to been blown off, to blow it off like that.

Car in drive, mind in neutral, Ilike that!

bones1

The most dangerous thing in the world is a soccer mom in an mpv behind you. Vehicles should be designed to tell if a man or woman is in the drivers seat and adjust/react accordingly....governor, antilock brakes, turn the make up mirror off etc. I suppose the settings could all be based on hair color as well.

jaymcb

The most dangerous thing in the world is a soccer mom in an mpv behind you. Vehicles should be designed to tell if a man or woman is in the drivers seat and adjust/react accordingly....governor, antilock brakes, turn the make up mirror off etc. I suppose the settings could all be based on hair color as well.
I'd say she's more dangerous in an MV than an MPV :)

91W350

Never filled a five ton tank, but would guess they are 80 to 100 gallons. I will take a look and see how hard it would be to mount. I thought about hanging one on a deuce for those longer trips away from the scrap yard fuel.

CobraCDR

Good to hear noone was hurt and no serious damage. I would have loved to write up the police report on that one... "the driver or vehicle 1, made a turn and drove directly into the side vehicle 2 (a bright red military truck). Driver of vehicle 1 stated she "did not see the big red truck."

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks