• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So I was sitting at a red light...

Bigred77

I was sitting at a red light in front of the local Taco Bell when a woman in a Olds Alero turned right into the fuel tank of my Deuce. I mean right into the side of a BIG A$$ RED TRUCK. She said she didnt see me. I was STOPPED at the red light, second in line. I guess she was to busy stuffing her face with a burrito. no one was hurt, her car had some frontend damage, and my deuce got a dent in the tank but I just let it go.

jaymcb

I was sitting at a red light in front of the local Taco Bell when a woman in a Olds Alero turned right into the fuel tank of my Deuce. I mean right into the side of a BIG A$$ RED TRUCK. She said she didnt see me. I was STOPPED at the red light, second in line. I guess she was to busy stuffing her face with a burrito. no one was hurt, her car had some frontend damage, and my deuce got a dent in the tank but I just let it go.
I wouldn't have. It wasn't your fault, and it would have been worth it to me to see an insurance adjuster figure out how to get you a new tank, and have all the paint match. :)

If a seam in the tank starts leaking in 6 months from the dinger, you will have no recourse but your own wallet.....

Besides, the Alero driver deserves a stupidity tax for concentrating on their burito....car in drive, mind in neutral.

91W350

I have some nice five ton fuel tanks, no deuce tanks though. I would offer you a free one. Want to step up to a larger tank? Might give them a bigger target....

Bigred77

I wouldn't have. It wasn't your fault, and it would have been worth it to me to see an insurance adjuster figure out how to get you a new tank, and have all the paint match. :)

If a seam in the tank starts leaking in 6 months from the dinger, you will have no recourse but your own wallet.....

Besides, the Alero driver deserves a stupidity tax for concentrating on their burito....car in drive, mind in neutral.
I would have but there was no real damage and i was on my lunch break. I didnt feel like messing with it at the time. I understand what you mean about the seam, but it is more towards the middle of the tank. them trying to find a new one would have been funny though.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think I would not be so nice about it. She musta been cute, young, 32DD and not married to blow it off like you did.

I know the older I get the little things do not bother me as much "BUT" there is no excuse for the scenerio I read.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I would think I would not be so nice about it. She musta been cute, young, 32DD and not married to blow it off like you did.

I know the older I get the little things do not bother me as much "BUT" there is no excuse for the scenerio I read.
Add to that, I would have had to been blown off, to blow it off like that.

Car in drive, mind in neutral, Ilike that!

bones1

The most dangerous thing in the world is a soccer mom in an mpv behind you. Vehicles should be designed to tell if a man or woman is in the drivers seat and adjust/react accordingly....governor, antilock brakes, turn the make up mirror off etc. I suppose the settings could all be based on hair color as well.

jaymcb

The most dangerous thing in the world is a soccer mom in an mpv behind you. Vehicles should be designed to tell if a man or woman is in the drivers seat and adjust/react accordingly....governor, antilock brakes, turn the make up mirror off etc. I suppose the settings could all be based on hair color as well.
I'd say she's more dangerous in an MV than an MPV :)

91W350

Never filled a five ton tank, but would guess they are 80 to 100 gallons. I will take a look and see how hard it would be to mount. I thought about hanging one on a deuce for those longer trips away from the scrap yard fuel.

CobraCDR

Good to hear noone was hurt and no serious damage. I would have loved to write up the police report on that one... "the driver or vehicle 1, made a turn and drove directly into the side vehicle 2 (a bright red military truck). Driver of vehicle 1 stated she "did not see the big red truck."