• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So....what do you guys exactly do with these trucks???

DeucesWild11

It started for me when I saw the Deuce in Tremors II, I had to have it. Also I had a 1990 chevy pickup that rusted to pieces and had a cracked frame and wanted something that would LAST! After trading the old truck for a 1979 Asteroids arcade game I then bought the Deuce. Loved it ever since, it doesn't rust like the newer trucks since the metal is allot thicker and stronger. Then you have the Multifuel advantage which is working out great for me! Since it's historical and a Multifuel the cost of ownership is much less than my old truck. You also have the cool factor.. it's always a hit at the local car show!

seano11

I honestly don't have a reason or want for them. I just have them if I could go back in time I wouldn't have bought my first one. Problem is I'm hooked now and can't stop buying them

quickfarms

Big green toy to play with. It is fun going to car shows, parades and other events.

They are toys

Some people have Harley's, boats, classic cars, trucks, air planes or helicopters. Other people are into traveling, sports, golf, gamble or hang out at at bars.

We play with big green toys

Scarecrow1

I just wanted one so I got it , In the back of my mine I know when it is ready it will be used for the Patriot Guard Riders which I am a member so it will be put to use in a very positive way . Most of all I just like playing with it ......

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I originally bought my first deuce to pull the camper and boat down on the beach at the lake; since the sand is really deep. It took about a week for the addiction to fully click and then you want to know everything you can about them. Also how to fix every thing on them comes next. Then I decided to buy a five ton too and then 10 trailers and the list keeps going on of all the cool green stuff there is. Just bought another deuce to add to the collection a few weeks ago and I know there will be more trucks coming my way in the future. I really don't like sports so this is my hobby and like everyone else has said you get to meet a lot of other good people too.

Clay James

When I was a kid I saw one in Tremors II and always wanted one. Now, many years later, I have two! I use mine for getting hay, lumber, camping, going to the shooting range, taking girls on dates, hindering traffic and whatever else may come up.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got mine to build my own "First Responder Feeding System", which is five trucks (two M35's, two M109's, and an M36), five trailers (two MKT's, a 10KW power plant, and two other generator trailers, one as a water trailer and the other as a camper), and an S280 shelter (on the M36) as a camper for the other six crew. Plus a lot of other small stuff and spare parts. And I use them for parades, rallies, Toys-for-Tots, Touch-a-truck, and as a static display at other related events within reasonable driving distance. Oh yeah, to ride the neighborhood kids around the block! Their smiles are worth far more than the fuel.

Heath_h49008

Big toy that works to earn it's keep and fits my budget.

I can haul, tow, and drag anything on the farm... look cool in parades... make it through in bad conditions be they summer storms or blizzards... and I will never lose money on the investment even if I only sold it for scrap/parts.

Why would you buy any other truck for short haul/occasional use?

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have classic cars, off-road trucks, race cars, motorcyles, quads, and boats. I had to have on when I saw this from my boat while out at the lake. It's all fsearls92's fault. That is a pic of them at the lake BTW.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I bought my first one about 17 years ago.I cant get enough of them.I have had over 60 trucks since then.Alot of buying and selling to support my habit.They are very addictive...

dikwks

I got my deuce because it was one of the coolest trucks I had ever seen, and cuz it will run on anything (within reason), and it will put power to every wheel it has, cuz it is old (I like the sense of continuity with past things), it is simple and easy to work on(just beware the size of the parts), cuz it is built like a tank (relatively speaking), have you tried buying the tech manuals for a newer vehicle? That is just off the top of my head. Once I got it, I was amazed at the interest it generates, it is a hit at car shows, the jacked up 4x4 drivers stare real hard, everybody at the beach stops and waves, people in town know it's me coming, it keeps me busy and is very forgiving, it costs very little to drive, and driving it makes me smile. My first post was "Wow, what a truck!" I'm still there and wanting more. Dick.

jamawieb

Tell me where you can by a 13,000lb truck, that will pull anything and start everytime you need it to for less than $3,000. I use mine to haul hay, firewood, timber, equipment, or anything else I want and don't have to worry about weight limits. It is by far, one of the best investments I have ever made.

Heavysteven

I use mine to make runs to redbox, pickup gas for my lawn mower, and pickup my niece. Got a load of mulcth and ran a load to the dump once.

It's a hobby for me.

I get stopped by so many that ask that same question why. Hope you find your answer. It's ironic to me because I spent 4 months in physical theropy and my goal was "drive my duece".

JOateyNV

I have taken 40 kids to the swimming hole at family reunions and had more go out looking at the stars, just because they got to ride in "The Big Truck". But besides that I get to do and go anywhere I want. Like it says on my back bumper. "Yours may be fast, but mine can go anywhere". And her name is Justine Case.

TehTDK

I got mine to build my own "First Responder Feeding System", which is five trucks (two M35's, two M109's, and an M36), five trailers (two MKT's, a 10KW power plant, and two other generator trailers, one as a water trailer and the other as a camper), and an S280 shelter (on the M36) as a camper for the other six crew. Plus a lot of other small stuff and spare parts. And I use them for parades, rallies, Toys-for-Tots, Touch-a-truck, and as a static display at other related events within reasonable driving distance. Oh yeah, to ride the neighborhood kids around the block! Their smiles are worth far more than the fuel.
First responder feeder system?

rrepik

We have a harley, corvette, two suvs, 1950 crosley, old dodge range van for gun club, 71 am general m35a2, very large dog and guns. It was a natural progression to go to a large truck. None of the things we have collected cost that much and this fits into that thinking. Not too many other people have one. We arent into sports other than shooting. And it will be cheap to operate. I like cheap and being different from most of the crowd. Always wanted one and the price was in my cheap budget. Makes others think you know something they dont and keeps them guessing. lol. Its just a good way to have fun thanks to uncle sam. You dont get much fun from uncle sam lately so at least I got some of my tax dollars back.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My usual answer when asked what I do with my trucks? Whatever I want.

People buy fast cars, snow machines, boats, ATVs, motorcycles, and all sorts of other things that serve no purpose other than fun. Sure you can use all of the above to make money or earn a living, though most folks don't make a living with their fast cars. Just like a deuce, 5 ton, 20 ton, etc. but for most of us the answer to what we do with our truck is simple.... We enjoy them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks