• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So who won the $2100 fording kit?

AMGeneral

$2100? for a fording kit for a M35A2? a couple hoses,a air cleaner extension hose and support rods,a few clamps and a regulator and lines for the bell housing pressurization?

And I couldn't sell 2 M37s with clear titles and enough NOS and good used parts to build 2 complete NICE winch trucks?

i'm gonna scrap my whole collection,it make just about as much sense.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brandon, I have 2 extra deuce gasser/LDS-427 kits that I couldn't sell for $150 ea. Easy to mod to fit. Or you could buy the $715 kits-several hundred. Nothing else to say but there are alot of people with money that are uninformed!2cents

3dAngus

I'll see if they can drop the price any if multiple kits are ordered. I noticed your quote was for quantity of one.

Very nice of you to forward the information. Thanks.

gunboy1656

Brandon, I have 2 extra deuce gasser/LDS-427 kits that I couldn't sell for $150 ea. Easy to mod to fit. Or you could buy the $715 kits-several hundred. Nothing else to say but there are alot of people with money that are uninformed!2cents

I think that is why the price ran away, there are not a lot of original kits available, someone saw the rare "complete" kit and said I have to have it, nobody else does. And away went the price. Probably someone who has been watching the main sources for parts and could never find one there.

How many people would know where to find a complete original kit?

3dAngus

OK, I understand now. So if active, that tells us they have a fixed price, regardless of quantity.

I didn't understand that previously. Doesn't make sense, but I accept it.

My experience in the government procurement side of the house is, the more you buy the cheaper the cost per asset.

Production costs go down as a result of bigger buys.

But these are probably already produced, put together, and ready for sale at a fixed price waiting on a big buyer, like govt.

One thing that puzzles me is, why would govt buy them if they are not buying or selling the Deuce anymore, but phasing it out.

Would that be for the National Guard or something?

3dAngus

Oh yeah. I'm actually surprised to see all the m35a3's being sold. We usually sell all this old stuff to our allies.

I worked in FMS for 15 years. I should have known that.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, I understand now. So if active, that tells us they have a fixed price, regardless of quantity.
Correct, I already tried. Untill they are no longer needed, It is a fixed price-period. Also, these parts were made 5-7 years ago minimum.

Polarfire

I bet the seller is in just as much disbelief as we are. He's probably wondering exactly what he got rid of;-)
I was in disbelief. I had a reserve of $250 on it and I didn't think it would go over $400. The buyer has already made payment on it and I will be shipping it out tomorrow. I'm sure he will be happy with it as it is in great shape and has all the parts. Thanks to hndrsonj and others who helped me with info on the kit.
:beer:

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
if you think that was a high price, search 'military' on ebay and sort by highest first. it is downright amusing / astonishing what people think they will get. but then i sold a m35 for $26,000 on ebay a few years ago.

tom

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was in disbelief. I had a reserve of $250 on it and I didn't think it would go over $400. The buyer has already made payment on it and I will be shipping it out tomorrow. I'm sure he will be happy with it as it is in great shape and has all the parts. Thanks to hndrsonj and others who helped me with info on the kit.
:beer:
You are welcome. Glad it worked out for you.

jwaller

to be honest, I was the guy who bid the kit up to 2100. I wanted it bad but somebody wanted it more than I did. I honestly thought that after it went over about 1k it was a joke and somebody had run a shill bid against me so I just kept going, figuring that if it was real I wanted whoever won it to pay what it was worth. several times I hit the guys max bid and I was high bidder and a few minutes later it would move up a couple hundred dollars again.

after a while I got a handle on myself and said this kit isn't worth more than a complete truck and it's just plain crazy to keep running it up. I do wonder though how high the other guy would have gone.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I'll just mod a $150 gasser kit. Plus, Jim posted where the multifuel kits can be had for 750ish.

davidkroberts

well this is a collector market... things are worth exactly what someone who wants something wants to pay. Ive had a truck that is great bring less in a sale than a truck not in as good as condition that had a some something that they wanted

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just called the $750 kit, they only had 1 and it's sold already and they can't get any more of them.
Wow - that was quick.

Makes modding a gasser kit look even better to a cheapo like me.

Thanks for the updte.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks