• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So wrong

quickfarms

It looks like a Chevy cab on a M35A3 chassis. The funny thing is that they kept the hood fenders and grill.

I have seen several water trucks locally that have civilian cabs and front ends on military chassis

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have considered such a swap using a Dodge crew cab on a bobbed chasis. You have to admit that the deuce lacks a lot of creature comforts. It would be a lot easier and cheaper than fabbing a crew cab deuce.

Put air ride on the back and a gooseneck hitch and you would have a pretty nice Hotshot rig.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I have considered such a swap using a Dodge crew cab on a bobbed chasis. You have to admit that the deuce lacks a lot of creature comforts. It would be a lot easier and cheaper than fabbing a crew cab deuce.

Put air ride on the back and a gooseneck hitch and you would have a pretty nice Hotshot rig.
I think you ought to take one of those NOS MK48 cabs and hang it out in front of the bumper with a couple of frame rail extensions made from 4x4 lumber. Pressure treated, of course.

:grd:

Danger Ranger

I like it. Period.

I give the man credit for taking his "skills" and "ingenuity" and building a more comfortable deuce. It is no worse than the average bobber, and is creative at that. He kept the deuce front, all it needs is to lose the snorkel (or get a better one), get side panels, and put the A2 front on it.
It really is a good blending job, considering what he used.
$8000 is near the average price for a bobber, no?

phil2968

It looks like a Chevy cab on a M35A3 chassis. The funny thing is that they kept the hood fenders and grill.
It's not an A3, it has a multifuel and the radiator is in the A2 location. Looks like they added A3 lights to a A2 and made panels to cover the stock light panels.
I see the air conditioning compressor above the alt. I see the stock deuce heater controls under the dash though.

Last edited:

Kohburn

a properly fitted snorkel following the a pillar and the a2 headlight location would make it look pretty good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks