• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soft top question I haven't seen before..

KsM715

I dont think thats what its supposed to be there for. Sure it works when you tuck that flap up under it but that would make it much more time consuming when putting the top on or off. I dont see it mentioned in the TM either (tucking the flap under). I bet the guys in the motorpool figured it would stop the draft so they did it.

Attachments

Bcurtman

The weather has been pretty good here in Missouri, but I am also tired of the drafts. You gave me something to work on for this Sunday afternoon!

Motorcar

The holes in my truck behind the driver's seat had steel plugs with an expanding clip to hold them in place, seen the same plugs at the hardware/farm store in the nuts and bolts section. Mine were CARC painted in place from last overhaul. Knocked them out to install the convoy light.

The flap on my soft top rode above the reinforcement plate and does a good job of keeping the draft down. Neat idea to slip the dowel in it for added securement.

maxxplanck

A friend of mine who has several deuces one day gave me a metal flat rod for my cab soft top. I never put much thought into it until this post.:roll: And I just bought sveral soft tops to sell.:grin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks