• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Solargizer

littlebob

When I mounted my 24V on the outside of the Deuce it was overcast and blinked. The next day it had a stedy glow and didn't do anything when the sun got to low. don't know if artificial light would do it, but I would think it would have to be hooked to the batteries to have output.

TCUCV

Where is everyone getting their solar panels? I just purchased a m1008 and would like to check into getting one of these. Anyone else had a problem with their ignition switch sticking when they start up? Thanks,

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where is everyone getting their solar panels? I just purchased a m1008 and would like to check into getting one of these. Anyone else had a problem with their ignition switch sticking when they start up? Thanks,
Most people buy there Military parts from the various Surplus Dealers or epay.

Please don't hijack someone elses thread with a new question.

Almost every question you will have has been asked and answered many, many time.

Learn to use the search (advanced worked best) or even use Google and it will point you back here.

Remember these trucks are 25+ years old. They have been road hard and put up wet. The military spent millions of dollars writing technical manuals that the average GI can understand. Download them here for free, read the troubleshooting sections and then if you still need help please post your question.

Warthog

allrevup

Somewher in this forun there is a tread about bad experiences with the Solaregizers. Having said that, I intalled mine alone with new Wally-mart Max1 batterys in '04 they lasted 5 1/2 years untill a alternator went array and coused me all kind of electrical problems. Just 2 month before they had tested good as new.
I talk to a guy at Solargiser, who said that on a very bright day they only require about 2 hours to charge & maitain a tipycal battery and that it can take a month or longer for then to slowly desulficate a battery. I mounted mine with short "301.jpg

303.jpg

356.jpgJ" bolts on the cowl grill.

Last edited:

Whitey

My friends first deuce came with a solargizer straight from the government, blends in nice with the carc on the hood. Everybody I know swears by them, so I'll be installing one on by CUCV soon. Some guy (maybe one of you) had a real good deal on them at the MTA show, NIB.

The G Man

make these for a cucv that is now 2 12v system? wonder if that would work
Just use 2-12 volt or even 2-24 volt ones. Should work with out any problems. I have heard from several people 24v works really good on 12 V system.

I finally was able to come up with a lot of these. Gonna get them mounted on my M1028, put to on my deuce and hook one up to roof of my tool building. I always have 3 or 4 old batteries on hand and gonna use this one to maintain my mower, motorcycles etc batteries during winter.