• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for 5/8-18 thread wheel stud flange nuts?

LCA078

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking for a source of quality flange nuts for studs that LMTV wheels together. Need at least 60 but will take a hundred since 20 per wheel.

Any recommendations?

LCA078

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like those are the distorted version where they slightly compress them to make them out of round enough to become self-locking. Are the OEM version on the LMTV/FMTV like this? Not that it matters...just really really curious what the standard issue was.

I'll call them in the morning- thanks

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
They are not.
Military surplus pack of 100 on eBay.

Or these suppliers as well

Areed

I searched forever and ended up buying them from McMaster. It was the only place I could buy black, coated, grade 8+, top lock flange nuts. They were sold in bags of 20.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

coachgeo

I searched forever and ended up buying them from McMaster. It was the only place I could buy black, coated, grade 8+, top lock flange nuts. They were sold in bags of 20.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
thought saw said you could order them from Fastenal

CoryDSP

Looking for a source of quality flange nuts for studs that LMTV wheels together. Need at least 60 but will take a hundred since 20 per wheel.

Any of these Fastenal part #'s would work. Different coatings. They are all top lock nuts. Grade G, which the equivalent to a grade 8. 0167019, 99507365, 37380

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Why do people asking questions on here never give me a part number or the NSN.
Beats me Up. All the numbers, I could be mistaken, are in the TM's but not p0osted to help the "others".

coachgeo

Why do people asking questions on here never give me a part number or the NSN.
Beats me Up. All the numbers, I could be mistaken, are in the TM's but not p0osted to help the "others".
probably because a helpful soul would themself have to go look it up in the TM's since they don't have it memorized so they figure the party seeking an answer can do that too.

some hints.... search internet for LMTV Lugnuts for example will often show in the list some TM result....... that can lead you to the page of the manual you need to find your info.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
They are 65 bucks for a 100, new surplus. There is many hundreds for sale.
Most times go for the part number and then the NSN, will be quicker to find on auction sites.
nut part 12301125  IMG_5656.jpg

LCA078

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some of you are taking this request waaaaaay too extreme. I specially was asking for a source of commercially available 5/8-18 flange nuts....not necessary the government versions with NSN's. A lot of us ask for similar sources on o-rings, oils, greases, tire valve stems, filters, commercial engine parts, etc...

I posted this in the M939 forum because I have a M923 that I'm singling out. I even tossed it over here too for awareness SO OTHER FOLKS ONLY LOOKING IN THE LMTV/FMTV forum can see it too, but I'm still getting dinged for not being thoughtful. And, no, I don't have all the LMTV TM's on my desk and no, I didn't feel like sifting through all the LMTV/FMTV -23's just to find an NSN or similiar PN that is practically useless to me when I'm actually searching for a very common commercially available part. 99% of the time when I search for an NSN or Gov PN, I get all the websites that just cross reference other NSN or PN's and don't actually provide something I can buy. The 1% of the time I get a match, it's the same surplus resellers who have to cover their holding costs by having rather high prices. Yes, I'm aware of McMaster Carr (we have a commercial account with them), Fastenal, Grainger, etc. and all the other commercial guys (thank you to folks who actually provided these suggestions instead of tossing peanuts from the gallery). I even searched on Finditparts (where I get a lot of parts like most of my lug nuts, valve stems, etc.) but I need a specific vendor pn to find anything there, not a NSN or gov PN. I even searched on SteelSoldiers and only found this link https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/fmtv-wheel-studs.191088/ where Swamp Donkey said he had a bunch of them sitting around . I even PM'd Swamp Donkey asking to purchase any spares but he never responded even after I sent another PM a few days later.

So......
Yes, I searched this forum, the internet, PM'd a member, etc. but no, I didn't find what I needed which was an inexpensive, commercially available source for a somewhat large quantity of these nuts.
Yes, I put in the M939 forum and even cross-linked it here, in the Present Day forum, with a descriptive title written for other members in mind using the search option but no, I was not seen as being helpful.
Yes, I put it in the M939 forum because most of the guys singling out their trucks and need these nuts are probably in the M939 (or maybe in the M800) forums but no, my original thread was moved here by the mods here because it's for a LMTV part.
Yes, I sincerely tried to find the info myself, but no, I failed.

I reached out to the forum, not because I was lazy but because I didn’t find what I needed after what I thought was a thorough, but substandard in hindsight, search.

So thank you to the members who actually provided assistance, and especially thanks to Wes who provided a direct link to the source I eventually bought from. (Note in post #6, I even said that I searched ebay but missed these). Looks like I need to start justifying my requests so the peanut gallery doesn't feel the need to chunk legumes from high.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks