• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for M818 data plates?

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anybody know a source for new M818 data weight & dimension plates? I looked at MV Data Plates, Saturn and a couple of the other usual suspects, but could not find anyone with tractor plates.

Anybody know who might have them?

Thanks!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M-series Rebuild in NC will make them, or so I am told, but the first one costs a bunch (in the range of $200 per plate...if I remember correctly). A group buy might be in order. Someone who needs one should contact them to see what it would cost for a few of them.

steelandcanvas

MV Dataplates has been a dead end for me.No positive response from the new owner after emails and phone calls about a set of plates for an M813A1.
As I understand, we are supposed to have patients (sp) while the new owner gets it together. :roll: If I could afford the investment, I'd do it myself. I've been wanting to buy data plates for three years now.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MV data plates told me he can make a plate for 100-200 dollars for the first one depending on how complex it is. Subsequent ones are normal price.

DKELONE

The m818 group is one that i have not contacted because i have not found the plates to date. Each of you that have contacted me on 818 plates is on my list to notify when i locate them. I have the original inventory that i bought from dan p to sort and organize + 11 triwalls of plates purchased elsewhere to go thru. I'm sorry not to have all of this neatly organized and ready to ship. Someday i will have it done and things will go smoothly.

I can get the 818 plate manufactured for an initial art work cost of $165 with a sample in hand. Following that-- the initial plate order pricing will depend on # of plates manufactured. Approx costs-- 10 plates $42.30 each, 250 plates $26.55 each. Give me a count of you guys who want them and i will try to make it fly. I have had only one request for the 813 plates. I have not been anxious to remanufacture plates as i do not know what plates reside in these triwalls unsorted yet. Thanks for your patience, david kelone

jwaller

I have been looking for 818 plates for years. have only found the common %t ones but not the specific ones.

us guys with XM trucks need real ones to make the DOT cops happy.

shootiniron

I like the " Someday i will have it done and things will go smoothly. "part of the response,gives me alot of hope. :deadhorse: There's always the good used takeoffs market!