• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Southern CUCV Resto of M1009

Terracoma

I replaced my own, it's not difficult if using soap and rope.
I took the windshield off my parts M1028 exactly as the TM shows: remove the sealing strip from the moulding, then have Solider A sitting on the bench seat pushing out on the windshield with his feet, and Solider B holding the windshield on the outside to keep it from getting damaged... Maybe my parts truck was all original, though, so the soap+rope method may have to be employed with non-original windshield moulding.

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Floor

How many cans of Herculiner did you go through to complete the floor?

I've seen in LMC that a replacement rubber floor is available for the mid 80's K5 Blazers. From what I've seen they don't install cleanly. Any experience with the rubber mat for the earlier generation of K5's? Was there that much change in the floor between the two generations?

I have never put the rubber floor back in the M1009's. I have put them into the M1008's and they trun out nice. I get mine from here:
New Chevy Full Size Truck, Standard Cab Rubber and Vinyl Flooring | Chevrolet Rubber and Vinyl Flooring

These are the correct ones for the CUCV.

David

Wagner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for the addition information.

Do you think your method could be used for replacing sections of the floor pans as well? If you cut out the rusted floor pan portions in rectangular patterns and then cut the replace panel about 3/4" wider all around the perimeter of the removed floor pan section....then applied the epoxy and fastened them for curing with the self tapping screws? My passenger side floor pan is rusted out along the edge of the rocker but the rocker panel under the door seems to be solid. I am not sure though how I would attach the replaced floor pan section to the existing rocker panel w/o removing and replacing the whole rocker panel as you have done?

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rocker...

Thank you for the addition information.

Do you think your method could be used for replacing sections of the floor pans as well? If you cut out the rusted floor pan portions in rectangular patterns and then cut the replace panel about 3/4" wider all around the perimeter of the removed floor pan section....then applied the epoxy and fastened them for curing with the self tapping screws? My passenger side floor pan is rusted out along the edge of the rocker but the rocker panel under the door seems to be solid. I am not sure though how I would attach the replaced floor pan section to the existing rocker panel w/o removing and replacing the whole rocker panel as you have done?

Yep, sure it will work for the floor. Do just as you have said for the floor section near the rocker...keep the new section larger than the hole and you should be OK. You may have to cut and fit several times to get it right, just take your time and you will be fine.

David

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The truck is DONE!

Finally got the seats back from the interior shop, which held me up for about a month! Anyway, she is done and I took her out for a photo shoot and then a quick test drive.

David

Attachments