• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Southern CUCV Resto of M1009

Nice work on the CUCV!:-D I'm curious though about the console with the cup holders. Was that a standard feature of the M1009 CUCV K5 Blazer? Maybe my memory is failing me but I don't remember such a fancy console in any 1009 that I drove in the service. It may perhaps be also a fact that the 1009s I drove towards the end of my time in the service were by that time 20 years old and somewhat ratty looking. :-D

combatmech

I do not think the center console was standard for the CUCV's. The few that I drove while on det at army bases didnt have them and neither M-1009 I have owned came with one. ( or anything fancy other than heat for that matter )
LMC truck has them, I got mine from a junk yard.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The center console is found in the civvy Suburbans of that era. Maybe even the civvy K5 Blazers

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Console

The center console is found in the civvy Suburbans of that era. Maybe even the civvy K5 Blazers

Yep, they are from the Suburbans of that era. They fit well and work good, look around they can be had for about $50.00 +/-

David

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sold

Well this truck has a new owner as of this past Saturday. Very nice guy from Virginia who took it home to live with him. I am sure there are a few bugs to work out, but overall a very nice truck.

David

mudman

Thanks for the reply..
tested 3 store brand colors near OD and nothing is right...guess I gotta fork the money out for Rapco aua

Thanks again

I saw a thread on the use of house paint here. It turned out great. He had the paint mixed at lowe's I believe, infact all three colors. might wanna check the threads!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks