• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Southern CUCV Urban Camo M1008

donalloy1

82ABNMP, I live in California and paint is a major availability issue due to restrictions. What brand and type of paint did you use and how did you thin it for spraying? I am assuming you shot with Spray Pot off compressor? Your input would be greatly appreciated. Starting my paint and body work now. DMLII sends....

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, I believe the "Feedback" score is dedicated to the classified section for buyers and sellers to rate each other on their performance and the "REP" points are your personal feelings about anything positive any given member has shown. Now correct me if I am wrong.:shock:
Had a bad day. You are totally correct. Sorry.

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Paint

82ABNMP, I live in California and paint is a major availability issue due to restrictions. What brand and type of paint did you use and how did you thin it for spraying? I am assuming you shot with Spray Pot off compressor? Your input would be greatly appreciated. Starting my paint and body work now. DMLII sends....
I don't know what your regulations say in CA, but I bought the paint at my Sherwin Williams store over the counter. It's a 2 part enamel paint that I spray with an HVLP gun. Instructions for reduction are on the can or you can get the spec sheet and it will tell you everything you need to know.

David

donalloy1

Thank you 82ABNMP. Have seen Sherwin Williams mentioned before. Will take that as a prompt. Looking forward to seeing your 09 in Urban Cammo! Planning on going all Olive Drab for simplicity inside and out. Paint and Body is new art for me. DMLII sends respectfully....

hunderliggur

The USAF used to modify their special mission C-130's in Ontario, California. When they decided to paint ours "air superiority grey" (just like a F-15 ;) ) they could no longer strip the paint in Ontario. The painting first moved to Palmdale and shortly after that moved it to the mid-west. It really improved the air quality moving all of those jobs out of state!

(and no, I was not IN the USAF, I am a contractor to the USAF and DoD the last three or so decades. The Air Force said I could be anything but a pilot or navigator in 1978 so i became a contractor. I would have rather have been a Wild Weasel pilot)

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Camo

Welcome to SS Jim!!

Yep it's coming along. All the parts to finish came today and I should have it done on Monday. I will post the finished pictures then for you.

The Blazer is also getting ready to be painted. :grin: I has the cleanest body of ANY truck I have EVER had. All the bodywork it needed was the two spots on the tailgate.
It will be VERY nice when done. I cleaned all the gauges installed a new speedometer cable,new drivers side Alt, all filters and fluids checked changed. Put on the brand new set of tires I had, new starter and dust shield. Checked the brakes and installed a new shift indicator on the dash.

David

Attachments

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1008 finished

Well the urban M1008 is done! Take a look:beer:

Now on to the Blazer....

David

Attachments

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Urban M1009 Progress

Almost done with the urban camo M1009, I really like the quality of the SW paints and will be using them on all future projects. This is a real nice truck and runs and drives great.

David

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks