• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Speedometer drive Pinion

kfrosty

Speedometer isn't working, tracing it back and I think one of the shafts tips in my Drive Pinion is broke off in the Speedometer adapter.

Here's a pix where I unscrewed the housing so the entire shaft can be seen. It's rigged at the tip like has broke.
Speedometer.jpg

Figure 488 in TM 9-2320-280-24P-2 a Pin Shoulder Headle, part # 30448-D but I'm not sure if that's something different.

The part # it shows for the Adapter is SP-311. I've only found it one place and it's $123. I'm hoping to figure out an alternative. I've still got to pull out PN 3212735, the Helical Geashaft and inspect it. I think the cable is mess up and the tip of the adapter broke.

Here is the figure from the TM.

Item 1 & 24 are what I'm talking about. Item 1, the tip of the shaft that goes into item 19 is what looks to be broken.

SpeedometerFIgure488.jpg

I'm hoping 1 can be found on another application using an NP 242 or there is a way to find the replacement shaft/pinion that goes inside Item 1.

Thoughts?

TedG

#24 is the Pawl (IIRC) and it is required and they do wear out, Used in the 218 and 242 and the electric speedo setup. #1 is readily available and should not be $123. I may have a spare. Ill pm you tonight if I do. Check 17 and 2. 2 will break sooner or later. 17 can be installed poorly and then the gear gets goofed up.

Smokinyoda

Hey kfrosty did you ever locate your broken pin? If so where did you find it? Ive only found it at Hummerpartsguy and kascars and they want anywhere from $25-$50 shipped. Just seems excessive for a tiny little pin. Figured it may have a civilian application since its a popular xfer case.

Its #24 in picture and circled in red. 24 PAOZZ 5315014091662 7Z588 30448-D

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks