• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spin on filter conversion

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good evening folks well last night I changed oil on my71 Deuce and installed the oil filter spin on conversions I got from Jatonka, I stuck a 5 gallon bucket under the oil drain plug and by the time the oils was done dripping the conversion was done. I refilled the engine fired her up to look for leaks and after 20 minutes still found nothing, THIS was one of the easiest, simplest improvements I have ever made to my Deuce, maybe John's conversions are more expensive than others but I feel I got everything and more than than I was expecting, I will be doing all the fuel filter this winter with John's conversions also!\
Thanks just thought you might like to know
KK

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys just in case you dont have this info I paid 224.00 plus shipping for my conversion kit and that included two WIX filters and I noticed the website is posted a couple posts prior to this one. Good Luck all and this kit looks very well done!
KK

steelandcanvas

I still half to get my yet to do my conversion.
Huh?

I am anxiously awaiting my spin-on oil filter adapters from John. Hopefully they will get here tomorrow and I can install them Sunday. As I get a little more "green play money" I'll do the fuel filters also. Glad they worked out for you KK.

Last edited:

dabtl

You could easily change the oil spin on filter set up on a recovery. Probably a couple of wrenches and 20 minutes would be sufficient.

I got my first set the week JT offered them. I have had zero problems. Good high quality stuff.

Akicita

When I needed to change my primary fuel filter a few months ago, I bought the primary fuel filter conversion kit from Cimarron who is also a member of this group. For $110, I got the head, filter and gasket. All I had to do was remove the old canister and head and install the new head. Spinning on a new filter is really simple and it only takes a minute.

When it gets warmer again, I want to convert the other filters, too. It's getting too cold for me to work outside now.

Attachments

Last edited:

MATT

I have installed over 20 oil filter spin on conversions from jatonka, great craftsmanship and I have had no problems. Keep up the good work!

Seth_O

Nice looking truck Karl!

All - when you change these types of filters out, do you find you have oil spillage all over during removal? My LC has an inverted spin-in filter, and when you unscrew it oil goes all over :(. Haven't done my deuce's oil change yet, so not sure how much spillage there is from changing a stock filter though.....

rlwm211

If you let the original canister filters drain back for a ocuple of days, there is very little spillage of oil as you are removing them....normally....this is not always the case. If you run the truck and want to remove the canister filters you had best wait a day as they will make a mess shortly after the truck has been run.

The Spin Ons JATONKA uses spill little if any oil when you change them. I have changed mine twice and did not even bother to make a drip pan for the second time as I did not spill any the first.

RL

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seth I have not changed oil with the spin ons yet but everything I have read about them is pretty much like rlm211 said let them sit overnight and the is maybe 1/2 a cup between both filters and Thanks for the positive comment on the truck its much appreciated Seth!

KK

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I change my filters every 3-4 months (probably not needed, but it feels good) and only lose a few drips, even after only letting the engine sit for a few minutes.

I change oil once per year no matter what the mileage.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks