• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

spin on secodary fuel filters

nickd

I installed a set of the spin on fuel filter adapters on the deuce from John Tennis. It is a quick and easy bolt on installation once the old canisters and gaskets are removed. coupled with the primary spin on fuel/water separating filter I am sure the fuel delivery is squeaky clean.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a use for the old canisters?

Range target?

dabtl

I put the old canisters into the city recycle box. There were no tears when the city took them away. I kept the drain valves for future use.

Massm35a2

I'm thinking of putting a NAPA 3626 as my final filter 2 micron, I was looking at the gasket dimentions last night, and it should fit on the adaptor just fine, I am putting a Racor 490R 10 micron as my primary. The 3336 6 micron as my secondary. I run clean fuel from mobil all the time so it should not clog up too fast, I will carry a spair of each just in case.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The final fuel filter operates with a pressure of 50 to 60 psi, I would suggest that you get some pressure vs flow filter performance data before replacing it.

dabtl

The final fuel filter operates with a pressure of 50 to 60 psi, I would suggest that you get some pressure vs flow filter performance data before replacing it.
My thoughts exactly. I think John Tennis has done a lot of homework on this before it was released.

But, if it works, why not? If it does not work, I believe I will pass on it.;-)

Massm35a2

Here is all I could find, It is also a big filter about same size as 3336

Part Number:3626UPC Number:765809174719Principal Application:Caterpillar 3116, 3126, 3126B & 3126E EnginesStyle:Spin-On Fuel FilterService:FuelMedia:PaperHeight:7.090Outer Diameter Top:3.180 Outer Diameter Bottom:Closed Thread Size:7/8-14Burst Pressure-PSI:440Nominal Micro Rating:2

Part Number:3336UPC Number:765809152274Principal Application:Agco, IHC, Case, Galion, Hercules, Komatsu, Thermo King (Secondary) (6 Micron)Style:Spin-On Fuel FilterService:FuelMedia:PaperHeight:7.827Outer Diameter Top:3.698 Outer Diameter Bottom:Closed Thread Size:7/8-14Burst Pressure-PSI:270Nominal Micro Rating:6
Gasket DiametersNumberO.D.I.D.Thk.Attached 2.729 2.415 0.255

dm22630

Are you talking about the old filter housings?

Why dont you save them? That way when/if you sell your truck, you can reinstall the old ones & save the spin-on filters for another truck in the future/sell them??

2cents

If you are talking about used filters....I guess do what the others here have posted....