• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

spring dust off in Anderson In.

Mike_L

Hey guys,

Sorry, been out of the net for a while. Like MASH 4077 said, the Indiana MVPA is having their Rally & Swap Meet on 19-20 September in Jay County. It is the same as what used to be at the Ropkey Armor Museum in Crawfordsville, third weekend of September.

Anyway, whatever you guys come up with, please drop me a line so I can put it in our newsletters and calendars for our other members that don't get on SS that often.

Thanks,

k5ontherocks

I live just about 15mins north of Anderson. I would help out however i could and would love another reason to drive my M931A2.

Guys I'm sorry to announce that there will not be a spring dust-off this year. John has been very busy and just has not had time to prepare. Although John would like to have something this fall. I will have updates and information on the fall as soon as possible.

tobyS

I'm not sure. They wanted us to join the historic power gathering that is scheduled the week after Haspin. If there is interest for a small get together, I can take the idea a bit further. We are really easy to get to. Bring a canoe for the Tippecanoe river. Go to the Fulton County Museum website to see the write-up on it. No time to delay.

I will register us as one unit ....31ironvets...(which is a domain I have registered, but not published), if that is not objectionable.

Any food vendors with military theme? Or we put a big pot of chili on??

Last edited:

tobyS

Yes, we have been invited to participate and will be given an area near the river together.

Steel Soldiers management has made it clear that only they can use the term "Steel Soldiers"....so I call our group "Iron Vets" or "31ironvets" and will register as one entry.

Last edited:

tobyS

K5, we really have not organized very much around the idea but as many as want to show up, are welcome. It's a "Historic Power Show" so we fit in nicely, plenty of room and camping is welcome (and I think free...BUT PRIMITIVE).

For now, I'll be sighing us in as one group that I named "31ironvets". Perhaps I should start another thread not focused on Anderson and get a better idea of how many people can come. Also...do you have friends that are not on SS that would be interested?

I'll ask if we would have access to a shooting range next door, if there is an interest in shooting. Canoeing on the Tippecanoe river, weather permitting.

It's not exactly a spring dust off!!

On a personal note, got my transfer case back in the 817 today and the difference is amazing. Problem was...a new replacement gearbox installed by the military did not have the proper output shaft bearing preload (it was lose), allowing the emergency brake drum to rub as it oscillated around, making one heck of a racket. I found the gears have absolutely no wear and the Sprag clutch is perfect...the entire box is new I found after a full dis-assembly. I caught it before it even wore out the seal...really lucky.

I reset bearing preload and am putting new shoes on the emergency brake. Prayers answered...it drives out really smooth to red line in 5th. And I have a box that will surly last for many years. The truck just turned 17K.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks