• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ss is a bad influence

velociT

Hopefully somebody else can post some input here as well; you might want to check that insurance. I know that here in TX we need a commercial policy for anything over 10k lbs. If State Farm doesn't know that the vehicle requires a commercial policy and you get in an accident, there might be some issues.
Are you sure?

My insurer made no mention and I do not carry a 'commercial' policy.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hopefully somebody else can post some input here as well; you might want to check that insurance. I know that here in TX we need a commercial policy for anything over 10k lbs. If State Farm doesn't know that the vehicle requires a commercial policy and you get in an accident, there might be some issues.
Please be careful what you quote about TEXAS.

Our Deuce is registered as a FORMER MILITARY VEHICLE (sub-class of Antique Cars) and is insured as such by State Farm for about $320/year - acknowledging the NON-Commericial ABSOLUTE and Operating Limitations that go with the FMV Registration.

I would recommend a frank and truthful conversation with the LICENSED Insurance Agent (not a clerk or secretary) with FULL DISCLOSURE to him/her as to what the vehicle is and EXACTLY how you are going to use it.

:deadhorse:

DRYGULCH57

Well right now all I know is I told them 1967 kaiser M35 and it pops up in thier data base and as of right now that is what I am going to use it for, is to get fire wood. I live in Utah not Texas and I live in Daggett County there are only 2 towns in the county and the population of the whole county is approximately 1000 people and I live 60 miles from the closest Wal-Mart I don't know if that makes a difference but can you say "BOONIES" . They do things different here than any where else I have lived. But just to make sure I will talk to them again to make sure. I even told them I would send them a picture of the Kaiser and they said that isn't necessary.

I apologize - when I got my insurance I checked the Texas Automobile Rules and Ratings Manual. Rule 71.A.2. currently provides:

2.A motor vehicle that is a utility type vehicle shall be considered a private passenger auto, if it is owned... by an individual... and not used for the delivery or transportation of goods... or for farming or ranching.

Rule 55: Utility type means vehicles (with a G.V.W. of 10,000 lbs. or less) of the pickup body, sedan delivery, panel truck, van type and multi-use type which includes Jeeps, Blazers, Rancheros, Broncos, and other similar type vehicles.

Rule 55 was later amended to increase G.V.W. to 25,000 lbs or less. This must be where my confusion comes from. I never told them I used it for farming, but they insisted that the only way they could insure me was through a commercial policy as a farm vehicle. I've just called my insurance and they can insure me under Antique Collectible for much cheaper than my commercial policy. Learn something new every day - thanks guys.

maxxplanck

The Center For Disease Control released on Monday that 21,757 people were infected with Duece Fever and growing. Symptoms were to buy anything loud, big, and OD green or camo.. No cure... just live life to the fullest and enjoy..............................

DRYGULCH57

I hope that means I am ok on the insurance. At least right now it makes me feel a little better. Can't call the ins. back till tomorrow.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The Center For Disease Control released on Monday that 21,757 people were infected with Duece Fever and growing. Symptoms were to buy anything loud, big, and OD green or camo.. No cure... just live life to the fullest and enjoy..............................
Just like a federal busy body agency to stick their noses in my business.

I shudder to think what they might come up with as a cure.:shock:

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it.:cookoo:

DRYGULCH57

Every one tells me I am sick any way. Well got my temporary plates today. Should have gotten them yesterday but spent toooooooooo much time on SS. :drool:
:driver:Going to leave in the morning and head for Loveland, Colo. Visit my sister and go to Estes Park Thursday A.M. AND before any one says nopicsI AM TAKING MY CAMERA.

DRYGULCH57

Now for the rest of the story.
Got to Estes Park Colo. Thursday A.M. closed the deal on the Deuce and started taking bench seats and seat belts out of the bed of the truck, did some inspecting and checking things on the Deuce, went looking for a loading dock in Estes Park and can't find one and no one knows of one so went back to Loveland Colo. looking for a dock to use. Finally found a dock that would work at a lumber yard on Friday. Saturday went back up to Estes Park got the Deuce and drove it down to Loveland, a distance of 35 miles and went thru 1/2 tank of fuel. THIS IS NOT GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!! :-? Searched Steel Soldiers for an answer to the problem. Searched TM's and not having any luck, so made a post got answers that helped figure out the problem and finally found a TM that I needed to figure the problem out. :doh: Bypassed the FDC, changed out the oil, put the old oil/diesel mix in the tank, drove the Deuce :driver:and every thing is good :jumpin: SSSSOOOOOOOOOO Looks like the problem is fixed enough to get home. Put the car in the back of the Deuce loaded every thing else in the back and took off for home. Made it to Rawlins, Wyoming wednesday, will go the rest of the way tomorrow. [thumbzup] And for all you great people that think nopicsI am adding a few.

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for posting these up.

I see two points of curiosity....

1. Is that a re-routed exhaust behind the righthand mudflap?? (Looks like you've still got the stack too.)

2. I'd like to seem more detailed pics of that fixed & folding rear boarding ladder.

Thanks and GODSPEED - safe recovery.

DRYGULCH57

Yes that is an exhaust pipe conming out the back. but not for long I am going to send it back to the stack where it belongs. [thumbzup] The ladder is removable just pull 2 pins and take it off. It also has hand rails that are in the bed of the truck. I will take pics and post them. Makes getting in the back real nice.

DRYGULCH57

Here are pics of the steps every thing except the hand rails. Can't put them on till I get the car out of the back :? The pins that keep the steps unfolding while traveling also go at the hinge area when extended for boarding. These steps can be put on and taken off by one person, I weigh in at 130 lbs. and I can install and remove myself.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks