• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stalled Deuce

devilman96

I need to update the TA with a second option, there is another location for bolting the Napa filter and you don't have to cut the OEM mount... I actually opted to put mine in a different location as it made keeping the truck running while painting the front of the frame possible.

If you look under the alternator there are (2) 3/4 bolt holes that go into the block... If ya go to the local hardware store and get yourself a piece of 3" wide flat bar and (2) 3/4x1" bolts and lock washers you can mount the filter on the side of the block, not modify the original parts, and still gain the alternator adjustment room...

One way lets you save a few pennies and not buy as much, the other lets you save your oem parts...

Attachments

2deuce

I went and ordered the 4309 and 3418. The 4309 is flowing the wrong way to put it in the stock location. Putting it on the engine turns it around and solves the flow direction problem. I don't know if my lines are long enough to reach that location. I'll have to check. Greg

JDToumanian

Devilman - Just a thought here, but I wonder about metal fatigue of the copper lines due to the vibration of the engine? I think that's the reason the lines always change from copper to rubber when they get to the engine... copper will eventually crack.

Something to keep an eye on anyway...

Regards,
Jon

houdel

Actually, I think the original parts are nylon with flare and/or compression fitting. At least on my truck. Nylon works and lasts a lot longer than rubber.

2deuce

From what I can see in the dark with a flashlight those 2 - 3/4" holes are used for the motor mount on my truck. Maybe your motor mount is different from my truck.

Greg

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Greg, you are absolutely correct. There are 2 styles of front mounts. A U shaped one that bolts where Mike put his filter ( both sides) and the one that has ears on the front of the engine. BTW, the one with the ears has a removable crossmember, the one with the U doesn't.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks