• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Standard HMMWV antenna for cb antenna?

Sgthoffer

I searched but its hard to find stuff on here.

Can you use a standard HMMWV antenna with a cobra style cb radio? If so what adapters do you need to use?

Any help would be appreciated.

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Find a MX-6707 Base and AS-1739 antenna on the bottom of the MX-6707 is adjustable Coil switch I have used them for 11 meter CB band and Ham bands 6 meter and 20 Meter also make shure to ground the Antenna base and The radio and body are Grounded good with Copper grounding straps.
the VSWR will be very good and the grounding act like counter poise.

Sgthoffer

Find a MX-6707 Base and AS-1739 antenna on the bottom of the MX-6707 is adjustable Coil switch I have used them for 11 meter CB band and Ham bands 6 meter and 20 Meter also make shure to ground the Antenna base and The radio and body are Grounded good with Copper grounding straps.
the VSWR will be very good and the grounding act like counter poise.
Thank you for the advice. I will start looking.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a mod to get the 6707 down to the 27mhz, I thought it only went as low a 30mhz. or is it just an adjusting the antenea height to get the SWR down?

dougco1

Is there a mod to get the 6707 down to the 27mhz, I thought it only went as low a 30mhz. or is it just an adjusting the antenea height to get the SWR down?
As cjtroutt said, a MX-6707 works fine. I had to shorten the length of my antenna by 8"-10" and nailed the SWR on my Cobra. I also get great radio skip on partly sunny days.

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You dont Half to cut any thing use the Antenna wire and coil 3 to 5 6 inch coils in line at the base and use like choke it will help and work well also the length of the cable is a factor no less than 24 ft if you have any more questons PM me i give you my cell.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Find a MX-6707 Base and AS-1739 antenna on the bottom of the MX-6707 is adjustable Coil switch I have used them for 11 meter CB band and Ham bands 6 meter and 20 Meter .
How many watts can be pushed thru this setup?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks