• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Standard plow for a deuce?

dittle

Short answer no, were some plows modified to fit on deuces Yes, but not specificaly made by the govt.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've seen a few with plows on them, but all civy plows that were added on. I'm not much help since we don't get snow much were I live. Maybe someone from the more northern regions can speak on it more if the military ever used one. But I'm guessing anything you find will be an add on from the civy market.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not origionally. I would think that unless it has some kind of steering assist, it would not be fun to use plowing for several hours.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Oooh good point. The lack of steering assist would probably make plowing pretty dangerous.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks a bunch gentlemen. Was thinking if there was a plow standard for the A3 I would try to pick one up. Guess I'll stick with my POS Dodge Ram 2500.

dittle

Unless you're plowing big straight stretches of road the deuce would not be a good choice due to turn radius.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was thinking my driveways, about 300' and 400' long, a few spots behind the pole barn ect.. Now that you mention it, plow for the deuce wouldn't be much larger than an 8' that I already have. Probably wouldn't be worth the time and effort.
Thanks again for the input guys.

Think I'm looking at GL too much and getting ideas..... :)

AceHigh

Your A3 makes the job easier. You already have power steering and I personally think the auto tranny is a plus, esp with the transmission temp gauge and the 2 speed transfer case.

OK, now to find a plow. I have been watching govdeals for one and it has been few and far between. The state agencies use theirs till they die. I am still looking.

Good luck and keep up the search.

Katahdin

Here's a good deal on a plow at Eastern Surplus, it might be an old orphaned page tho.

Looks pretty simple to control, Up then Down, guess that's really all you need with that thing....its a little bigger then an 8 foot plow. :razz:

Keith_J

Also it was mentioned in other thread, the deuce is not exactly warm in the winter.
Fighting the wheel will warm you up quick. Plus the cab heater works better when you have a good load on the engine.

Another issue is the stock front wheels are at their limit with a winch installed. Mounting a plow will probably over-load the tires.