• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Star washers

The site I use is http://www.nsnlocator.com/

Just type the NSN or MS number into the search bar at the top right. Then click on the result that looks like what you want, and it gives you a description and specifications. For sure it's not perfect but it will give you numbers to cross reference and part #'s that are similar.

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for anyone spending hours going through random NSN and getting killer headaches

CliffSegar

"Threads for the South" (http://www.tftsonline.com/) in the Atlanta, GA area was a great source for any type of fastening device; screws, nuts, washers - and in almost any grade or material. Their web site is just a page with phone numbers and addresses but I would assume they sell over the phone. I bought in person when I lived there.
Depending on the actual application for the washers, I prefer stainless - just cuz it does not rust. But that's just me. Your windage may vary.

Cliff - KD4GT

papakb

You can thank the EPA for the complete lack of cad plated hardware in this country. Almost everything we see now is from Taiwan. Cadmium is a dirty process elke most plating processes but there should have been a better option than forcing us to go overseas for it. Likewise here in California most of the chrome plating shops have disappeared too.

Kurt

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What papakb said. Cad plating was going away in 1994 when I was working for a Mil-Spec contractor. We had a lot of hooks and ratchets for tie down straps that were CAD plated. That pretty much changed to yellow zinc plating. You may find some new old stock CAD plated stuff....

Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks