• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Started Wayjax Crane Deuce

turnerman

Finally made time to put the crane on a duece. Got the bed off. Cut the mounts in the front, removed fuel tank and tire mount. Set the crane on the frame. Looks like it is going to need some serious bracing b4 use. Just thought I would share a pic. Still a lot of work to go!

Attachments

turnerman

I am guessing the weight at three tons and It looks like a wajax crane to me but there are no name plates. Sorry for the dark pics when it is light out I will take more.

turnerman

Yes it is a knuckle boom off the a MK 17 I purchased reciently. I didn't think that it would be as heavy as it is. Wish I had a five ton!

turnerman

Once I have completed mine I might be intersted in doing the crane addition for other fellow steel soldier members. Got to finish mine first:wink:

Bought one this summer. I've just about finished my A-frame pintle hitch. Next I plan to mount motor, pump and hydro tank it should be towing and lifting in no time. I'm thinking I'll use my Cat loader to pull it for off highway tow duty. I'm a bit worried about using the deuce for pulling it. Any opinions on my thoughts chime in!!:-D

Attachments

TBigLug

Yes it is a knuckle boom off the a MK 17 I purchased reciently. I didn't think that it would be as heavy as it is. Wish I had a five ton!
That's the way it works though. Like adisease. First a deuce isn't big enough, then a five ton is a little too small then the 10 ton is just not quite enough! Love the disease!

turnerman

BBoomerBootcamp that sounds like a plan but what are you going to lift? I will use mine to pick tanks, set I beams, etc. Just wanted a frame that was all wheel drive. Next mod will be lockers!

I'll be using the crane trailer for boulder set work, BIG ones. And some all around home improvement:twisted:. My original plans went the way of the economy, GONE. I figure it is worth more as a self contained working crane trailer then the a$$ end of a never get in my life time LVS unit. However if uncle sugar plans to auction those boys off unless you've got the butt end (trailer) driving one off a GL lot would be like a circus ride!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks