• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Started Wayjax Crane Deuce

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Been thinking about it too. I think I might have found an auto crane that wouldn't eat up so much space but still have a 16' reach.

spicergear

Good and bad part about a crane taking up that much space- Good is that you're close to the tandems as far as unsupported frame length so not much worry there and you've got the outriggers on the other side of it. My M977 is set up similarly on my truck. Bad is you're down to an 8' bed...oh well. A crane is better than no crane- :-D

eldgenb

can you use the outriggers on crane with a deuce in that configuration? Is there a clearance issue if you get the crane mount any closer to the cab? What did you do for the hydraulic motor, pump etc as far as having enough volume to power the crane? It looks like your flat bed is the bed from the Mk17 trailer cut down? How has that worked for you? One last thing, is it a telescoping boom, none of the pictures show that but I would think it was, sorry for all of the questions but I am in the purchasing stage:twisted:

turnerman

The crane is as close to the front as possible. It is a little to much on the front axle springs. The bed is off a m116 trailer that i cut the fenders down. The hydraulics are just left over parts that I welded up to work off the pto. A bunch of high priced hoses and i was in business. The boom does telescope out like most knucklebooms but for the height of the duece i need a winch on the end. works great thought.