• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter bolt backed out and fried the starter

Gamble

NSS is just a pass through, so the wire numbers are the same, 2 of them…or marked A and B but makes no difference which side they plug into the NSS. To bypass it, you plug the 2 into each other with a jumper of some sort, they are both the same gender so they can’t actually connect like a male and female connection.
Down in that area is power to back lighting on tnr shifter, NSS and 2 wires to the ebrake switch.
IMG_20210529_203431.jpg

Made this wire and connected it to both of the 14 wires. The truck started as soon as the ignition switch was in the run position. It repeatedly attempted to start even though it was already started. I pulled the battery connection so as not to damage the starter or the ESS as that was the only way to get it to stop. Going to check my ignition leads again.

Last edited:

Gamble

Ok, I removed the guard dog security device and rechecked the leads to the ignition. Added some dielectric grease and...
Viola!!!! The truck is now working!!!!!

Thank you RW, Papakab, and DredNot for helping me get this truck running again!!!!

I will order the NSS and install it once it arrives.

Last edited:

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not to sound rude, but just a note for anyone else that reads this thread and has similar stating issues.

Gamble, I didn't see anywhere before this in this thread where you mentioned that you had a security device installed in the electrical system.
When troubleshooting any type of electrical issue, it is always best to make it known that you have added to or modified the system in any way.

Gamble

Not to sound rude, but just a note for anyone else that reads this thread and has similar stating issues.

Gamble, I didn't see anywhere before this in this thread where you mentioned that you had a security device installed in the electrical system.
When troubleshooting any type of electrical issue, it is always best to make it known that you have added to or modified the system in any way.
It wasn't in when troubleshooting. I just put it back in today once I thought the issue was resolved. It wasn't so I yanked it back out to eliminate it as a variable.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor

[/QUOTE]

One MUST be clear on describing the problem. Lately, there seem to be a 'Hold my hand" to problems. Not saying this a bad thing, as it is part of the learning process. AND I get the holly crap, MY starter just fell off , like how the heck does this happen and the POOF ???? Makes a grown man cry. LOL

Enough can't be said for getting the TM's out AND following it, especially electrical , till one get the lay the land. At least look it over before heading out.

It is the MAP ... the same way if one was lost in the city with no clear direction. For additional assistance be clear what one saw along the way , what one did to get there and any Short Cuts applied when explaining over the internet highway.

I tried to follow along, lost the scent and my compass was spinning from the get go.

My hat is off to those of the Steel Solider's Search Party that jumped in and saved this members from the starter gremlins.

Hold my hand = lost
POOF = now what
Cry = tears of $$$$$
TM = MAP = success
Before = means before
Heading out = before screwing up big time
City = HumV
Additional assistance = what really happen
Short cuts = other "hacks and add ons"
Internet highway = bandwidth - time
Search party = the one's that did the hard part
Tried = gave up
Scent = Fishy
Compass = Multimeter
Rude = maybe me ??

If you can follow this text, you can follow the TM's, CAMO

Show those rigs and flags for a GREAT tomorrow

Last edited:

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It wasn't in when troubleshooting. I just put it back in today once I thought the issue was resolved. It wasn't so I yanked it back out to eliminate it as a variable.
No worries, you never can tell sometimes and I've dealt with more than one piece of equipment in my time where the issue lay in something that got added into the system in an odd location but nobody bothered to mention it was there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks