• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter switch upgrade

treysoucie

i just dont want to buy a direct stock replacment. i dont mind the little red push button ones, i just want something brand new that will work easily

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
NewStar makes a brand new one. Any MV parts deal can get them.

Part #S-C627, Ref #11640178

If you can't find one one let me know and I can find it for you.

Attachments

Last edited:

treysoucie

so i ordered the red switch from OD iron.. very disappointed with there $13 shipping cost for something that probably weights 6 oz. I left them a nice little note notifying them of the blasphemy that is there shipping rate on such a small item

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got one of the new switches once, and it was super cheap chinese junk. Worked for a week. Got a replacement, same thing, sent it right back.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
using a paddle? the starter switch on my deuce feels like a momentary also. were there different styles of starter switches in the deuce? i know there were different locations for them. now that i heard a 5 ton starter switch in this post it gets me thinking. i like those style switches. are they hard to put in a deuce? seems to me like it would not be that bad to install. has anybody done this?

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I havent tried much on my deuce because things are sealed so much.... but sometimes you can take a switch apart and clean up contacts etc, and it will work just fine. I had a starter switch on my truck go bad and i just got another one. I looked at my starter switch on my truck and it looks like it would be hard to take apart and fix. they sealed that up pretty good. I dont live far from Kublo's Surplus (where i bought the truck) so i got another one from him. Kublos are really great to deal with! You could give him a call, im sure he has brand new ones. Their number is 570-663-2805

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks