• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter switch upgrade

treysoucie

i just dont want to buy a direct stock replacment. i dont mind the little red push button ones, i just want something brand new that will work easily

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
NewStar makes a brand new one. Any MV parts deal can get them.

Part #S-C627, Ref #11640178

If you can't find one one let me know and I can find it for you.

Attachments

Last edited:

treysoucie

so i ordered the red switch from OD iron.. very disappointed with there $13 shipping cost for something that probably weights 6 oz. I left them a nice little note notifying them of the blasphemy that is there shipping rate on such a small item

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got one of the new switches once, and it was super cheap chinese junk. Worked for a week. Got a replacement, same thing, sent it right back.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
using a paddle? the starter switch on my deuce feels like a momentary also. were there different styles of starter switches in the deuce? i know there were different locations for them. now that i heard a 5 ton starter switch in this post it gets me thinking. i like those style switches. are they hard to put in a deuce? seems to me like it would not be that bad to install. has anybody done this?

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I havent tried much on my deuce because things are sealed so much.... but sometimes you can take a switch apart and clean up contacts etc, and it will work just fine. I had a starter switch on my truck go bad and i just got another one. I looked at my starter switch on my truck and it looks like it would be hard to take apart and fix. they sealed that up pretty good. I dont live far from Kublo's Surplus (where i bought the truck) so i got another one from him. Kublos are really great to deal with! You could give him a call, im sure he has brand new ones. Their number is 570-663-2805