• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starter

bryab123

so my starter died last week.it was cranking like the batteries were really low, but i had just put 2 new batteries on it, but it had a horrible burning smell. anyway i got it towed home and pulled the old starter off and tore it down, well actually i took the back cover off and burnt up pieces started falling out of it. i got on ebay and bought a 24 volt gear reduction starter shipped to my door for less than $150, yes i was leery of it but i felt a lot better when i opened the box, and it had a test sheet and it was inspected and passed by "Ye" anyway i put it on, got a bracket for a torque reduction starter and it works like a champ. we will see how long it lasts

bryab123

the dealer i told them it was for a 1997 k2500 with a 6.5. if you need one for a direct drive starter i have a couple. i would like to have new starter bolts but the dealer said i have to order at least 5.