• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starter

bryab123

so my starter died last week.it was cranking like the batteries were really low, but i had just put 2 new batteries on it, but it had a horrible burning smell. anyway i got it towed home and pulled the old starter off and tore it down, well actually i took the back cover off and burnt up pieces started falling out of it. i got on ebay and bought a 24 volt gear reduction starter shipped to my door for less than $150, yes i was leery of it but i felt a lot better when i opened the box, and it had a test sheet and it was inspected and passed by "Ye" anyway i put it on, got a bracket for a torque reduction starter and it works like a champ. we will see how long it lasts

bryab123

the dealer i told them it was for a 1997 k2500 with a 6.5. if you need one for a direct drive starter i have a couple. i would like to have new starter bolts but the dealer said i have to order at least 5.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks