• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starting my "new M1009"

Blood_of_Tyrants

You can either buy a glow plug card or simply bypass it and put in a momentary contact toggle switch to operate the glow plug relay and count to 10 on warm days and 20 on cold days.

Milkman357

If my Glow plug card was missing....

Not sure what part of the country your in....but its been getting around zero at night here. I currently cycle my glow plugs 2-3 times and it still doesn't start right up sometimes.

I like the idea of having a switch the toggle manually. That would also mean whoever uses the truck would have to learn the importance of the starting procedure.

So if your wife is gonna drive it, maybe look for another card on ebay....

If your the only one a switch will do..

My 2 cents...

SmokeyDod

If you setup glow plugs manually, remember to use ONLY a "Momentary type push button" switch and NOT to toggle type so as to not leaving it in on postion and burn out lots of stuff. Maybe there's a "momentary toggle" type which would be okay to us. If some adult or kid was in truck and flipped it on, they wouldn't see anything happening so just leave it where it is "ON".

elfraz

thanks for all the advice. I have ordered a glow plug card so I will see if that is all it needs. This truck seems to be in top shape and I will not be suprised if that is all I need. I need some input on fuel additives. I have read that the low sulphur fuel does not have the lubricating qualities of earlier fuels. Does anyone have advice on what to add to the fuel?

Last edited:

4bogginchevys

I really like the power service napa has, it is reasonably priced under 10.00 and treats 100 gallons. it has cetane boost, anti gel and cleaning qualities to list a few, and i've REALLY noticed a difference over the crap that comes out of the pump!:-D