• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

STE/ICE connector

springer1981

I'm trying to find the connector that plugs into the STE/ICE plug in the HMMWV. I have searched to no avail. I'm not even sure there is a connector available, has anyone seen one or know what I would look for to find one. Thanks for any help.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'm trying to find the connector that plugs into the STE/ICE plug in the HMMWV. I have searched to no avail. I'm not even sure there is a connector available, has anyone seen one or know what I would look for to find one. Thanks for any help.
Occasionally there are auction items that would be interesting... The ICE box that you could plug into the terminal in your truck. Hunting down the software might be another adventure though. There are several guys here @ SS with the software and the ICE.

Is/Was that your goal?

springer1981

No, I just need a connector that I can custom wire. There are signals and wires I can use to hook up stuff. I could run other wires but I think this would be cleaner looking.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have 2 STE/ICE test kits I’m going to sell…these are the early versions, one is quite complete, the other not so.
I havent figured out a price at the moment
It would be interesting to see what the test kits would actually do - or tell me. Might be that there would be a mad scramble for folks to buy one or both if they knew what it would do. Maybe?

If you figure out what you want for one let me know please?

papakb

The STE/ICE kit I had for about 15 years made a great step stool to help reach the top of my toolbox!

The STE/ICE kits were designed for the inept 18 year old coming into the service with little to no experience with automotive systems. Anyone that's turned a wrench for more than a couple of months and knows what a multimeter is and can do doesn't need one. Probably the best part of the whole system is the fact that you have a couple good pressure transducers with their fittings in a handy kit. Everything else can be done with a good set of shop tools (and a multimeter).

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think this thread has progressed correctly in the spirit of the rules, RWH brought up he had something that might work in the natural progression of the thread.
I think jpelc has appropriately responded to this thread, despite what that old grumpy guy in Germany says :LOL:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some folks clearly have nothing else to do but mirco management
Well, he is correct that jpelc should list his want in the classified as it will get a different exposure, Wanted items do not require membership so they are free to all.

Last edited by a moderator:

springer1981

Having been an admin to a very large forum, I know first hand it's a thankless job and you can never make everyone happy. I only threw in my 2 cents because the guy only has 2 posts in 5 years and they are both in this thread. I hope he becomes a more active member and this is just the start of his participation. Just sayin, didn't think he or anyone else was doing anything egregious.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks