• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers 20th Anniversary Logo Contest!!!

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dont know would Tatra and Mog be like a deuce and 5ton?
The Unimogs are all-wheel drive multi-purpose do-all -go-everywhere vehicles, ranging from small tractor-like to big. Most have a relative high ground clearing. Whatever the role it is used for, regular over the road cargo is not one of them. Tatra are best known for their very sturdy cargo role. So the Tatra more or less has Deuce and 5-ton versions, the Unimog has not.

EDIT: Tatra also made the famous KOLOS, the 8x8 heavy truck version with a curb weight of 30k lbs which could pull tank trailers up to 100 ton!
:jumpin::tank: .

I think there are 3 Tatra 8x8 (T813 and the later T815) MV owners on SteelSoldiers; one in USA, one in Canada, one in the Netherlands.

Last edited:
Hello!

I personally like the version from article 19 and article 56 best.
Simply neutral without a vehicle or tire track.
Maybe you can combine that.
So that the stars and the bridge plate is there somehow and also the Lorbeerkranz (the laurel wreath (the leaves), I do not know if that is translated correctly). The bridge plate usually has every military vehicle, so everyone would be served with it. Regardless of which vehicle that is. Whether sea and air vehicles now have a bridge plate, I do not know. But I suppose you would not be offended.
I would also like the American flag, because I find it purely visually beautiful. Regardless of nationality.
The German flag, for example, I like purely visually not, although I'm a German.

In German:
Mir persönlich gefällt die Version aus Beitrag 19 und Beitrag 56 am besten.
Einfach neutral ohne Fahrzeug oder Reifenspur.
Vielleicht kann man das kombinieren.
Also daß die Sterne und die Brückenplatte irgendwie dabei sind und auch der Lorbeerkranz (die Blätter). Die Brückenplatte hat normalerweise ja jedes Militärfahrzeug, also wäre auch jedem damit gedient. Unabhängig welches Fahrzeug das ist. Ob jetzt See- und Luftfahrzeuge eine Brückenplatte haben, weiß ich nicht. Aber ich nehme an, sie würden nicht beleidigt sein.
Die amerikanische Flagge würde ich auch gut finden, weil ich sie rein optisch schön finde. Unabhängig von der Nationalität.
Die deutsche Flagge zum Beispiel, gefällt mir rein optisch nicht, obwohl ich ein Deutscher bin.

Greetings from Germany,

Holgi

Last edited:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Keep up the great work everyone! I really appreciate all of the hard work that y’all have been putting into your designs. Please keep in mind that this is a logo contest, not just a t-shirt design contest. We need a logo that can be used on t-shirts, coozies, stickers, hats, and all sorts of SS swag.

If it would help, we could extend the design period until November 15 to give y’all a couple more weeks to get your designs nailed down. Sound good?

ryanaubra

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the ultimate decision -making process? Will you post all entries on a page and then cast a vote - most votes win? Just curious. Thanks

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree on the logo importance and do not believe the design should be directed on specific vehicles and equipment. Just saying!!

99nouns

And here is logo style. In couple of variations.

I am pretty much out of ideas as of now, unless someone has suggestions that would like to offer.

I have no military background, so I have no idea what is common on all across the 3 forces of Land, Air and Sea, oh I forgot, we now have the 4th one "Space". But if anyone know any items that is common across all forces worldwide I can integrate that like a certain badge, plate, seal, star, shape, triangle, even a chow tray or shovel can be inspiring to me, just let me know please.

Hello!

So I personally like this version best.

I have another suggestion.
Maybe you can bring in some more color.
For example, the color and font of the bridge plate as in Post 56.

As already described above, I personally would like it if the American flag would be there.

If the production is not too costly, you can still bring in the respective flag of other nations, if that wishes. If not, then just stars and stripes.
Then there would be a little more color in the logo.

But then something would probably only go to order.

I can well imagine that on an olive or gray shirt or baseball cap.

In German:

Also ich persönlich mag diese Version am besten.

Ich habe noch einen anderen Vorschlag.
Vielleicht kann man etwas mehr Farbe mit einbringen.
Zum Beispiel die Farbe und Schrift der Brückenplatte wie in Beitrag 56.

Wie schon weiter oben beschrieben, mir persönlich würde es gefallen, wenn die amerikanische Flagge dabei wäre.

Wenn die Produktion nicht zu aufwendig ist, kann man ja noch die jeweilige Flagge der anderen Nationen mit einbringen, wenn das derjenige wünscht. Wenn nicht, dann eben nur Stars and Stripes.
Dann wäre auch noch ein bißchen mehr Farbe im Logo.

So etwas ginge dann aber wahrscheinlich nur auf Bestellung.

Ich kann mir das auf einem oliven oder grauen Shirt oder Basecap gut vorstellen.

Greetings from Germany,

Holgi

silverstate55

Useless
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And here is logo style. In couple of variations.

I am pretty much out of ideas as of now, unless someone has suggestions that would like to offer.

I have no military background, so I have no idea what is common on all across the 3 forces of Land, Air and Sea, oh I forgot, we now have the 4th one "Space". But if anyone know any items that is common across all forces worldwide I can integrate that like a certain badge, plate, seal, star, shape, triangle, even a chow tray or shovel can be inspiring to me, just let me know please.

These are all very nice, I'd buy any of them!

My only suggestion would be (as noted above) to lighten the lettering; instead of Black, how about a lighter color so that they are easier to read (such as "STEEL SOLDIERS" lettering)? A lighter beige or tan with black outline would stand out well. Heck even the white looked good on the black T-shirt.

Good work! [thumbzup]

SouthJL

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How about an oval logo...

ss-logo-oval-white.jpgss-logo-oval-olivedrab.jpg

The anniversary text and years are easily removed without vastly changing the look to simplify even further if needed.

Last edited:

71DeuceAK

The anniversary text and years are easily removed without vastly changing the look to simplify even further if needed.
I like this one, simpler is better. That said, I still lean toward your design with the M939 front end.

Another idea- how about specifically an M936 variant on there? The wrecker specifically being used/depicted could symbolize other things, i.e all these members helping each other.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I like this one's simplicity.

This oval design would make a great brass belt buckle! I can also see it readily adaptable to patches, pockets, money clips, and imprintable on many novelty items as well.

BUT, here's the Chaplain's big HOWEVER.....

The "spade" could still be offensive to some. It is, to the best of my understanding, irrelevant to the SteelSoldiers membership in general.
This WIKI https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ace_of_spades tells some of the Spade's history in war (favorable); the "IDIOMS" section of the WIKI states a very valid case for NOT incorporating it into this website's logo. Additionally, many Christians and Christian denominational doctrine hold to the explanations well described in this link... http://www.eaec.org/bibleanswers/playing_cards.htm , so in the interest of those deeply held beliefs, even with regard to any use of the emblem to rally troops, I must still assert that this emblem has no real justification for inclusion in a logo that is intended to represent unity of MV enthusiasts of such a broad spectrum of beliefs.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like this one's simplicity.

This oval design would make a great brass belt buckle! I can also see it readily adaptable to patches, pockets, money clips, and imprintable on many novelty items as well.

BUT, here's the Chaplain's big HOWEVER.....

The "spade" could still be offensive to some. It is, to the best of my understanding, irrelevant to the SteelSoldiers membership in general.
This WIKI https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ace_of_spades tells some of the Spade's history in war (favorable); the "IDIOMS" section of the WIKI states a very valid case for NOT incorporating it into this website's logo. Additionally, many Christians and Christian denominational doctrine hold to the explanations well described in this link... http://www.eaec.org/bibleanswers/playing_cards.htm , so in the interest of those deeply held beliefs, even with regard to any use of the emblem to rally troops, I must still assert that this emblem has no real justification for inclusion in a logo that is intended to represent unity of MV enthusiasts of such a broad spectrum of beliefs.
Good reading.......

That emblem has been on S.S. as long as I can remember.....

I wouldn't be adverse to it's removal........it doesn't make or break a logo I believe. I do know it's been used for a long time with association to different military units. Some with a not so nice implied meaning.......sort of like the skull, the knife, and various other weapons.

I digress.........

I'm sure Chris can and will have a deciding influence on the emblem designed for his organization.

Thanks gents for the great creative work!!! Really impressive!!! Everyone's entries are appreciated!!!

99nouns

This is the 99th post in this thread, am I lucky or what. Here are new designs inspired by new suggestions. I am good with shapes and lines but when it comes to color dont count on me, I dont like color.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks