• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2016 - August VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please vote here for your favorite MV of the month. And contestants, please feel free to "campaign" for votes here as well! Let's have at it!

Please campaign only in the thread, not PMing people.

1. DanM7890
DanM7890.jpg

2. m38inmaine
m38inmaine.jpg

3. RDUKW
RDUKW.jpg

4. MyothersanM1
MyothersanM1.jpg

5. Kaiser67M715
Kaiser67M715.jpg

6. wsucougarx
wsucougarx.jpg

7. Gunzy
Gunzy.jpg

8. sandcobra164
sandcobra164.jpg

9. Tinwoodsman
Tinwoodsman.jpg

10. joshuak
joshuak.jpg

11. VenomInjected
VenomInjected.jpg

12. Quarkz
Quarkz.jpg

13. longshot2171
longshot2171.jpg

14. mdmorgan
mdmorgan.jpg

15. GamaGoatGirl
GamaGoatGirl.jpg

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a privilege being nominated with these other fine vehicles. I found my 1942 Ford GPW in a shed in south Texas after it had taken a 35 year nap. It had been modified for duty on the ranch and was a victim of serious neglect and much rust. My restoration took almost 2 years and every piece of the vehicle was disassembled, cleaned or media blasted, primed and painted. The only parts not totally disassembled were the 6 volt starter, generator and regulator which were cleaned, tested and refurbished. Here are some pictures of the vehicle during restoration stages. You can also visit my thread at:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?128511-My-New-Project-1942-Ford-GPW

Thanks for your consideration.

GPW-As-Delivered.jpg Chassis-1.jpg Front-Floor-Pan.jpg GPW-Tub-Primer-3.jpg Summer-Top-Front.jpg Summer-Top-Rear.jpg Dash.jpg Shovel-and-Axe.jpg Dash.jpg 1942-Data-Plates.jpg Engine-3.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I'm here to tell ya...Tinwoodsman did a beyond museum class restoration on that immaculate MB.

I hereby call on all my cohorts/friends to vote for the MB and give her just rewards!!:popcorn:

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup because the next time I went there I had a vote button.
What are you doing to me Drew first 1900 days off then no vote button lol

m38inmaine

Please vote for my Goat, de-milled and left for dead for 14 years in the woods until I rescued it. The restoration thread can be seen here:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?141472-Operation-quot-URGENT-RESTORATION-quot

It took me just over a year to get it running and driving, and without the help of many SS members would have been impossible. Special thanks to mkcoen for the engine parts, without him I would have no engine. Also combat32 who traded and sourced many critical parts for the restoration. It still is not 100% finished and is a work in progress but it sure has come along way. Transported 50+ people at the Weare military vehicle show and they loved it.

Here is a quote from mkcoen when he first saw the thread, quote "Well Mark I have to say you made me feel so much better about the one I got. I started to tear up a little just thinking about starting on yours."

Thanks to all who have helped in one way or another and vote "GOAT".

Attachments

BenRoberts

Certified insane
Please vote for my Goat, de-milled and left for dead for 14 years in the woods until I rescued it. The restoration thread can be seen here:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?141472-Operation-quot-URGENT-RESTORATION-quot

It took me just over a year to get it running and driving, and without the help of many SS members would have been impossible. Special thanks to mkcoen for the engine parts, without him I would have no engine. Also combat32 who traded and sourced many critical parts for the restoration. It still is not 100% finished and is a work in progress but it sure has come along way. Transported 50+ people at the Weare military vehicle show and they loved it.

Here is a quote from mkcoen when he first saw the thread, quote "Well Mark I have to say you made me feel so much better about the one I got. I started to tear up a little just thinking about starting on yours."

Thanks to all who have helped in one way or another and vote "GOAT".
You got my vote. I love story's like that

GamaGoatGirl

I don't have any wonderful stories about my goat, but do have some additional pictures. The data plate states that this goat is #9. Please feel free to vote for my goat! IMG_6162.jpgIMG_0710.jpg

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So many goats. But Mark has my vote. :p

Amy, have any pictures of that dataplate? I'd love to see it. I think your probably have the oldest production ​goat out there.

m38inmaine

As much as I would like to vote for myself I am going to vote for GamaGoatGirl, DH was kind enough to give my son a ride in the goat when we were there during a recovery.

joshuak

Not in it to win it, heck I encourage you to vote for somebody else, I did [thumbzup].

But, I've been a member for 2 years and have not participated in a MV of the month so here's my rig.

IMG_0180.jpg

Picture from the recovery mission, purchased in North Carolina with the intention of converting to a grease powered SUV, I'm glad I took a different route.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yup because the next time I went there I had a vote button.
What are you doing to me Drew first 1900 days off then no vote button lol
Creating these threads are a lot more involved than one would think. You have to make the post first of all. Then come back and add in all the names. It takes a minute or two to do all of that.

I don't have any wonderful stories about my goat, but do have some additional pictures. The data plate states that this goat is #9. Please feel free to vote for my goat! View attachment 639478View attachment 639479
It being #9, I bet it has a lot of stories to tell if it could talk!

Amy, you campaign slogan should be "I've Got Your Goat"
I think a better slogan would be "My goat wants your vote!".

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm here to tell ya...Tinwoodsman did a beyond museum class restoration on that immaculate MB.

I hereby call on all my cohorts/friends to vote for the MB and give her just rewards!!:popcorn:
I'm going to have to follow Papabear's endorsement; what a come back restoration. Immaculate job.

GamaGoatGirl

So many goats. But Mark has my vote. :p

Amy, have any pictures of that dataplate? I'd love to see it. I think your probably have the oldest production ​goat out there.
I will post a picture of the data plate for you this weekend! My days this week are full with my day job and being the director of my church's VBS in the evenings!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks